Not accessiible IMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not accessiible IMO

This is brand new in a brand new building.
    Attached Files
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Pull to open is difficult in a power chair. I can imagine 2 x harder in a manual chair. The stiff auto door closers make it even harder.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

It is within the ADA standards though, as long as the pull force is no more than 5 lb. We use a fish scale to measure that.

It would be much better with a push button powered door opener though.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Walmart?

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
        This is brand new in a brand new building.
        Is this at your newly opened local Walmart?

Ti
        "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
          Is this at your newly opened local Walmart?

Ti
          Just a grocery store. They could have put a button on the wall though since this thing started as a hole in the ground for parking.
          I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Not much space to maneuver. Hopefully the wheeler won't get door-smacked by someone coming out of the opposite door.

Comment

That's reasonable accessibility, IMO.

Comment

Not easy.

Comment

Working...
                X