No announcement yet.

Older Members Still Around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping very late into this thread - I'm still around also, although I mostly post on FB these days if I'm using social media. I was a SpineWire/CanDo user here, although I read a good deal more than I ever posted. Got a lot of very good information here, but usually tried to stay out of the (sometimes very intense) discussions and debates.

Referring back to one of the earlier posts in this thread, I believe it was Jeff Weeks, one of the admins, whose signature read "See you at the 'used to be paralyzed reunion'". Hope he's well.

And also speaking of people we haven't seen in awhile - anyone heard anything from Joe 'NoDecaf'?

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
      And also speaking of people we haven't seen in awhile - anyone heard anything from Joe 'NoDecaf'?
      NoDecafPlz was a very active member, but unfortunately has not visited here since 2016.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Many of the CareCure old guard dropped off because:
        • the site's platform, though it still has useful features, has become antiquated. (Avatars in 2019? User handles?) Facebook changed all that.
        • many CC veterans were turned off, permanently, by the pointless, malignant in-fighting that prevailed here.
        • surrender: a cure for SCI never materialized and the prospect for one is still light years away. Members moved on with their lives.
        • sadly, more than a few of the CC originals have passed on.

Plenty more bullet points could be added.
        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Sadly, we lost a lot of women members to a few male members who were very sexist in their remarks, and which Wise was reluctant to ban. By the time they were banned, many woman had left. This was a sad period for our site; I wish some of them would come back!

It is sad to think of the number of members and moderators who have died over the years as well.

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I'm still here! I don't visit as often, but check in and post from time to time.
            -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Comment

Todd! I check in every month or so. I stopped being a regular when the site was rebuilt a few years ago. So many of the 'characters' that were fun to interact with left at once that I didn't feel connected any more.
              Don - Grad Student Emeritus
              T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

I'm still around, occasionally. I came in 2006. It's good to see some of the same people are still here including Todd.
                Rich

Comment

I am still around Join Date 03-05-2002
                  "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

Comment

Maybe we need a roll call

Comment

shabooya

Comment

(peep)
                        tom

Welcome to The Flat Earth Society

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                          Glad you are back, Todd...you have been missed.

Is there anyone else still here who was a member of SpineWire (the first site sponsored by Dr. Young) or Cando! (the second and predecessor of this site)? I joined the former in 1997 as I remember.

For those who are newer members, here is a brief history of the three sites' development and transition, written by Dr. Young in 2006:

http:///forum/showthread.php?62823-s...l=1#post458063

(KLD)
                          Yes I am still around Join Date 03-05-2002

Comment

I'm here, and going to try to get in the habit of checking in again.

Btw Random, the womens CC group on FB is private so your friends wouldnt see those posts.
                            Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

I try to check in every once in a while.

That time when the site was down for months really hurt the daily activity. Seems like it never recovered.

Comment

Sup

I stop by every 6 months or so unless I have a question for KLD :P

I was the annoying kid from north hollywood. then moved to canada. then moved to china, now I live in Manila. If you're around just hit me up. Seems to be an SCI retiree destination, mostly in Angeles and Cebu, but if you're in the capital.......

Anwyays I'm aite, for now.

I talked to Buck last year, he's doing alright in Oregon, new house, I think he's about done with school.

Feisty ain't doing so well. We talk every 6 months or so. She's been in and out of the hospital for over 5 years. 6 months at a time, sometimes.

What happened to Nodecaf? I lived with that guy in Ohio while I was doing therapy for 3 weeks and lost contact since 2014. Last I heard he wanted to move to L.A

also SCIfor55+yrs, that guy always stuck out to me because he gave me hope I could live long. I was amazed by him.

scorpion still around? I forget his gfs name, the asian girl.

Also JenJen from Arizona that was a mod. I remember meeting her in AZ when I went to meet my sister. We were actually supposed to meet rybread together (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X