• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back Todd!

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
      u having to much fun in te sunshine
      vicky, yes florida is wonderful, absolute paradise for this ole quad.
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Hey LeTodd,
        To some of us, you are still a "newbie". Lol Glad you checked in. You do bring back memories.
        You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
        http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
        http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Going on 17 years now and this site was a lifesaver for me after my injury. I have learned so much information relating to SCI here. I miss the old site pre upgrade the chat room was a major source of help relating to SCI let alone a chance to talk to Dr. Wise. I miss some of the older members like 1FineRN and of course Dogger may he rest in peace. I come here every day just to see if there is something that I have questions about and just to keep up on whats going on in the world of SCI

Comment

I think I was on Spinewire before becoming a charter CareCure member. Next month will mark my 36 year anniverSCIry. Added a chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) to my health-illness portfolio in 2014 but was fortunate to have never become particularly symptomatic and was treated to complete remission using breatkthrough "novel" agents that did not require chemotherapy. I presently lead a monthly support group for people with CLL in Los Angeles through a nonprofit called the CLL Society. Something will take me down. Eventually.
            Last edited by stephen212; 13 Sep 2019, 10:05 PM.
            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnette View Post
              Yes! It was on the 10th anniversary of her death. She'll be forever young and beautiful to us.
              Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Domosoyo View Post
                Welcome back Todd!
                Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55+yrs. View Post
                  Hey LeTodd,
                  To some of us, you are still a "newbie". Lol Glad you checked in. You do bring back memories.
                  Haha! I found you all later, despite being injured eight years prior. I’d written to Dr. Young about my depression attributed to living with a spinal cord injury. He suggested I join and the rest is history.

As for memories: I hope mostly good.
                  Last edited by Le Todd; 12 Sep 2019, 5:18 PM. Reason: Added a sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                    I think I was on Spinwire before becoming a more or less charter CareCure member. Next month will mark my 36 year anniverSCIry. Added a chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) to my health-illness portfolio in 2014 but was fortunate to have never become particularly symptomatic and was treated to complete remission using breatkthrough "novel" agents that did not require chemotherapy. I presently lead a monthly support group for people with CLL in Los Angeles through a nonprofit called the CLL Society. Something will take me down. Eventually.
                    Stephen, that’s so lovely of you to lead such a group. May I ask by chronic, do you mean it’s never in remission?

Comment

Originally posted by Le Todd View Post
                      Stephen, that’s so lovely of you to lead such a group. May I ask by chronic, do you mean it’s never in remission?
                      "Chonic" means that it's indolent -- progresses slowly; not acute. It's an extremely heterogeneous disease (comes in many different flavors), about 25% of people with CLL never require treatment. But I am in a complete remission meaning that there is no detectable disease. (As I tell some people, now I can go back to just being paralyzed.)

I may relapse at some point -- years from now -- and if that happens it should be easily managed. I am, however, susceptible to secondary cancers (skin cancer is the biggest risk for CLLers),
                      but hey, no one lives (or should want to) forever.
                      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                        Glad you are back, Todd...you have been missed.

Is there anyone else still here who was a member of SpineWire (the first site sponsored by Dr. Young) or Cando! (the second and predecessor of this site)? I joined the former in 1997 as I remember.

For those who are newer members, here is a brief history of the three sites' development and transition, written by Dr. Young in 2006:

https://www.carecure.net/forum/showt...l=1#post458063

(KLD)
                        I started with spinewire. And the name I didn't see mention from the past is AD. Where is he today?

Comment

There are so many old-time members I miss. Some have passed, like Lynnifer, GJ, The Hip Crip, Timaru and too many others; some left or might have passed and I'm not aware of it - arndog, marycsm77, Chris (who worked at Craig), LindaT, Jody, Elaine, MSWIFE1, and many whose avatars I would recognize immediately, but whose names elude my worsening memory. Imight still posts sometimes, and I always like seeing his name. In spite of difficulties, pain and contention, there was a time when this community was lively and even fun - really more like a big extended family than a forum. Wise Young was a frequent contributor when I joined CC, and what a boon that was. I'm grateful and nostalgic. It's so good to see you here again, Todd.
                          MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnette View Post
                            There are so many old-time members I miss. Some have passed, like Lynnifer, GJ, The Hip Crip, Timaru and too many others; some left or might have passed and I'm not aware of it - arndog, marycsm77, Chris (who worked at Craig), LindaT, Jody, Elaine, MSWIFE1, and many whose avatars I would recognize immediately, but whose names elude my worsening memory. Imight still posts sometimes, and I always like seeing his name. In spite of difficulties, pain and contention, there was a time when this community was lively and even fun - really more like a big extended family than a forum. Wise Young was a frequent contributor when I joined CC, and what a boon that was. I'm grateful and nostalgic. It's so good to see you here again, Todd.
                            Yep we've lost a lot of good ones over the years.

Howdy Todd. Good to see you still kickin', or at least spasming!
                            "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

49 years SCI as of yesterday, over 10 years here.

Comment

Coongrats OT. Lot's of changes for SCI since '1970, esp. quads at your level. Prayers for your continued health.

Comment

Working...
                                X