• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this guy's mode of long distance travel

Not good at posting these, but cut & paste;

https://nypost.com/video/wheelchair-...ck-of-a-truck/
    Last edited by Tim C.; 12 Mar 2019, 12:41 PM. Reason: typo

OMG! I've seen skateboarders doing this, but never anyone in a chair. So dangerous! Just imagine hitting a pot hole...much less getting side swiped!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I do that inside airports.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
        OMG! I've seen skateboarders doing this, but never anyone in a chair. So dangerous! Just imagine hitting a pot hole...much less getting side swiped!

(KLD)
        He learned it skateboarding.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

(KLD)
          Dangerous, you've got that right. But, likely if this selfish idiot did hit a pot hole or get side swiped he wouldn't get a scratch, but innocent drivers would be involved in accidents while trying to avoid him that could kill or maim them or others. Even if he were killed, imagine the horror a driver would have to live with for hitting him, even though it was no real fault of their own. This is so not cool!

Ever see the movie, The World According to Garp? We can't be pre-disastered.
          Last edited by gjnl; 12 Mar 2019, 3:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
            Ever see the movie, The World According to Garp? We can't be pre-disastered.
            One of my all-time favorite movies (and books). I am a big John Irving fan.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

still laughing...

Comment

Gee i wonder how he ended up in a chair?

Comment

that chair is a 3 wheeler.... towards the end of the video shows the 3rd wheel

Comment

Originally posted by Patton57 View Post
                    My be he wants to be taken out. And just doesn't care. I knew someone just like that.

Comment

Absolute madness. I live close to Salvokop and get nervous driving there with the recklessness displayed by some drivers and the general condition of roads in that area - potholes and cracked paving is common
                      T4 complete since 30 April 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Patton57 View Post
                        That must make it more legal....

Comment

Which you refer to?

Originally posted by TheVillageIdiot View Post
                          Absolute madness. I live close to Salvokop and get nervous driving there with the recklessness displayed by some drivers and the general condition of roads in that area - potholes and cracked paving is common
                          Which you refer to?
                          The wheeler or truck/car drivers?

The wheeler should be shamed....? Not wearing helmet !
                          Last edited by Tim C.; 13 Mar 2019, 1:52 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                            Which you refer to?
                            The wheeler or truck/car drivers?

The wheeler should be shamed....? Not wearing helmet !
                            The motorists. Please search on YouTube 'South African Taxi Drivers'. It will give you a good idea what I'm talking about,
                            T4 complete since 30 April 2012

Comment

So the Wheeler was an ex-taxi driver?

Comment

Working...
                              X