Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard from Jennifer Spence? (Lynnifer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sorry to hear this. When you can disagree with someone and yet have such respect for them at the same time says a lot about and for that person. As many have said she will be missed. I do not often have tears running down my face as I type but I do not mind telling you I do right now...

Comment

• Shit. Another "old-timer" gone. RIP Jenn, always enjoyed your spunk, sorry life ganged up on ya and took you out. These injuries ain't fair.
      "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

• I have not spent enough time on CC to have a whole sense of who Jenn was. My post is directed to all of you who feel her loss so deeply. In 2012 Apparelyzed lost a treasured member who was funny, compassionate, and without us knowing he had done so, he became the central figure of that community. When he died it tore the heart out of us and I still cry just thinking about it.

To all of you who are grieving her loss I extend my deepest sympathies. Some of you will feel the need to be absent for awhile. Just come back. CC will need you more than ever to rebuild and be a platform for SCIs. Facebook has some SCI pages- some are good but the organization is poor.

Comment

• I keep reading this thread and closing my laptop. Log back in read more and close the laptop. I'm grateful for the advice I received from Jenn. My daughter was injured also at the age of twelve like Jenn and she gave me a good idea of the longview....always with her great sense of humor. I enjoyed seeing her commentary on whatever thread I was reading. Fuck Fuck Fuckity Fuck (ht to Obieone)

She is missed.

Comment

• I noted that Jenn was a genuine person by the way she posted. Living just across the Detroit river from her, I often thought about getting together with her for coffee or lunch. Wish that I had. God rest her soul.
            I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Comment

• So sorry to hear this, care cure and facebook will not be the same without her. Been sad all day thinking about her being gone, so not fair at such a young age. ):
              "Life is about how you
              respond to not only the
              challenges you're dealt but
              the challenges you seek...If
              you have no goals, no
              mountains to climb, your
              soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

• Thanks to Dr. Young and CareCure for virtually bridging the Detroit River nearly 20 years ago, and bringing us Jennifer Spence. This death is going to be another rough one. I don't know how the end went down, but I think Jenn accepted this eventuality when she gave Emma away. She's seemed peaceful, even joyful, since then. This is a huge loss. She felt her physical health wasn't going to improve. Given that, I believe she was content to move on. It's only hard on us, who are left behind. Jenn's ok. Out of pain. Hopefully dancing!
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

• Hopefully doing all those things she wanted to since childhood, but was unable. Such a huge loss. We will miss her, but she is free.
                  Last edited by Jim; 12-18-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• So glad you are FREE .

Comment

• RIP Jennifer

Comment

• I didn't know Jennifer very well as I joined CC relatively recently, but I read a lot of her posts and learned what a great person she was. It's so bloody sad that she's gone, I wish she didn't have to suffer like she did. I don't even believe in god but this really makes me hope that she is somewhere where her disability is gone and she can finally do all the things she wanted to do. She deserves happiness, and so much of it!

Rest in Power, Jennifer.

Comment

• I cannot believe this! This really sucks! Jennifer, you will be terribly missed. I am so sorry for all of your suffering. So happy you are finally pain free and out of that damn wheelchair. Fly free, dance crazy, and laugh your way thru eternity!

Comment

• She was one of the best here.
                            I'm so sorry jen.
                            Damn this sci.

Comment

• she was a respected veteran who helped me a lot when I was a baby deer trying to get ahold of this thing called sci 10 years ago (see join date) . she was a true vet. She fought long and hard. She's at peace now.

Glad to have known you lynnifer thanks for the laughs and advice over the years.

Comment

• RIP ...I love you
                                www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
                                to what we know about nature
                                Saint Augustine

Comment

Working...
                                X