Tic, toc, ti i c, t o c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tic, toc, ti i c, t o c

` The clock is winding down. 64 years have now passed since I crossed over into the SCI world. I am getting weary from the struggle. Aging does not help either. Next month there will be 81 years of wear and tear on this body. Maybe I am wiser, but even that is disputable. It is a cold, dreary, and rainy day in South Carolina. I guess that is influencing my mood. But the warmth that comes from being surrounded by the CC Community takes the edge off. It's good to be among people who truly understand and care. I appreciate that.

I'd really be interested in a life satisfaction study done on different ages, different ages of onset, different abilities etc. The older I get the worse it gets. And angry. I'm just angry all of the time.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

So how did you get wiser? I've been doing this 36 years and all my friends say I'm the same dumb ass I ever was>

Comment

Sounds like a down day you're having 55. SCIs suck but you don't.

You're a bad ass 55! Keep on truckin!

Comment

Hey 55 you just keep on keeping' on. I'd brag on you any day that I know the oldest quad on the planet.

I asked on another thread why you post count is at 19, now 20. I found you at a count near 8000. It doesn't seem like your screen name has changed from the one posted below.
          Attached Files

Comment

The first and original account name includes a period (.) at the end, while the new one does not, so two different accounts.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

You are awesome '55+. Everyone is better for knowing you, of that I have no doubt.
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Yes, the struggle goes on. I've got a few more years than you, similar but different issues. I try to keep changing my techniques for independent care, based on waning strength. This month is the first time ever I've had to ask for help - a minor thing, but had to clear my head about it and be grateful the help was there.
                Best to you........!

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                  The first and original account name includes a period (.) at the end, while the new one does not, so two different accounts.

(KLD)
                  Was there a problem on the original account?

Comment

SCI 55, you're pretty amazing. It's been 42 years sci for me, hard to imagine doing another 22 years like this.

Hang in there.. brighter days ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
                      So how did you get wiser? I've been doing this 36 years and all my friends say I'm the same dumb ass I ever was>
                      It is all experience. For aexample, I learned that trampolines are dangerous and I never got back on one.

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                        Was there a problem on the original account?
                        It is probably just an alter ego. Even 55 is allowed a dark alter internet ego.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton57 View Post
                          It is probably just an alter ego. Even 55 is allowed a dark alter internet ego.
                          Actually just wondering if it was SCI55+'s choice to change his screen name or was it something more nefarious and had something to do with a security issue/breach of this site. If it is a security issue, I'd like to know what I (or any of us) might be facing by using this site.

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                            Actually just wondering if it was SCI55+'s choice to change his screen name or was it something more nefarious and had something to do with a security issue/breach of this site. If it is a security issue, I'd like to know what I (or any of us) might be facing by using this site.
                            There was a discussion 2-3 months ago that focused on the use of 55 since it was outdated. I approved the insertion of + after 55. The change was made and everyone seemed happy.`Recently, however, the + disappeared. Jim corrected it but the Chinese must be mad at me. Seriously, there must be a software glitch. There should not be two versions of me. As for the Chinese, a while back Jim reported that someone did attempt to get into my CC data. I traced the would-be intruder's ip address to a user in China.
                            Last edited by SCIfor55+yrs; 10-27-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55+yrs View Post
                              There was a discussion 2-3 months ago that focused on the use of 55 since it was outdated. I approved the insertion of + after 55. The change was made and everyone seemed happy.`Recently, however, the + disappeared. Jim corrected it but the Chinese must be mad at me. Seriously, there must be a software glitch. There should not be two versions of me. As for the Chinese, a while back Jim reported that someone did attempt to get into my CC data. I traced the would-be intruder's ip address to a user in China.
                              So making our profile as bare bones as possible is probably a good idea. Care Cure Community is not an "https" (secure website) My settings remind me of this every time I log on. If someone needs to know what my injury level is or my location when I posting on a thread they can ask.

HTTP VS HTTPS. Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. The 'S' at the end of HTTPS stands for 'Secure'. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.

Profile edited to absolute minimal information. Yes, sorry to have to say, I am paranoid about the internet.
                              Last edited by gjnl; 10-27-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X