Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheelchairs and their users in Modern Culture ! TV Films etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelchairs and their users in Modern Culture ! TV Films etc..

Folks in Wheelchairs seem to be showing up everywhere on TV and films these days !!

I've missed a few, so just using this thread to start keeping track of them etc.

Please post any you notice. New or current etc... Not Ironside

This is what motivated me... a remake of an old UK Comic Character(distinct from the US Character)
    The Beano's Dennis the Menace and Gnasher. From the BBC's children's channel.

took some screen captures.

Her chair totally rocks, I want one , check out the anti tipper mechanism and padding for when you tip over !
    and her totally practical Uggs

youtube has them.. not sure how long they'll be up though.

11 minutes episodes ..
    episode 1

One of the Gallagher kids (Debbie) on Shameless has a para boyfriend.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

US version ?
      Originally posted by Oddity View Post
      One of the Gallagher kids (Debbie) on Shameless has a para boyfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
        US version ?
        Yeah Ive only ever seen that one.
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

property developer Sophie Morgan on the UK channel 4 program Best laid plans.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/b.../episode-guide

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sophielmorgan/videos

Comment

BBC News Correspondent Frank Gardner.

http://www.frankgardner.co.uk/

Comment

John Hockenberry

an American journalist and author, a four-time Emmy Award winner and three-time Peabody Award winner. From April 2008 until August 2017, Hockenberry was the host of The Takeaway, a live national news program created by Public Radio International and WNYC New York

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hockenberry

Would love to talk to him about his rationale for those high geared push rims..

Comment

Get some!

Joe Swanson
                Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Garret from Superstore

Adam from Mom

Comment

A couple of years ago...The Push Girls:

Speechless:

Daryl "Chill" Mitchell, NCIS New Orleans:

(KLD)
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

The building manager on The Office (US) was a para.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
                        The building manager on The Office (US) was a para.
                        Oh, yeah! That was a great episode, too. Billy Merchant was his name...

Michael: This, ladies and gentlemen, is our special guest.
                        Billy Merchant: Sorry I'm late. Someone parked in the handicapped parking space.
                        Billy Merchant: Hey everyone, I'm Billy Merchant, you may have seen me around here before, I'm the properties manager of this office park
                        Michael: You are so brave. You are so brave.
                        Billy Merchant: Thank you. Actually, I've been meaning to come by here for a long time...
                        Michael: But it's hard for you! Right? Because you're in a wheelchair.
                        Billy Merchant: No, I just have a lot of properties to manage.
                        Michael: Let me ask you something, how long does it take for you to do something simple, every day, like brush your teeth in the morning?
                        Billy Merchant: I don't know, like 30 seconds?
                        Michael: Oh my God, that's three times as long as it takes me.
                        Michael: How did you get in your wheelchair?
                        Billy Merchant: This morning? Just like every other morning, just climbed on in. [Everyone laughs]
                        Michael: Hey, hey, hey, not funny! Not funny.
                        Billy Merchant: Hey, hey, relax, just jokin around here.
                        Michael: Well, that's good, he still has a sense of humor.
                        Billy Merchant: Listen, I've actually used a chair since I was four years old. I don't really notice it anymore.
                        Michael: Well they notice it. Don't you? You notice it. It's the first thing you saw when he rolled in here, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Crappler View Post
                          Oh, yeah! That was a great episode, too. Billy Merchant was his name...

Michael: This, ladies and gentlemen, is our special guest.
                          Billy Merchant: Sorry I'm late. Someone parked in the handicapped parking space.
                          Billy Merchant: Hey everyone, I'm Billy Merchant, you may have seen me around here before, I'm the properties manager of this office park
                          Michael: You are so brave. You are so brave.
                          Billy Merchant: Thank you. Actually, I've been meaning to come by here for a long time...
                          Michael: But it's hard for you! Right? Because you're in a wheelchair.
                          Billy Merchant: No, I just have a lot of properties to manage.
                          Michael: Let me ask you something, how long does it take for you to do something simple, every day, like brush your teeth in the morning?
                          Billy Merchant: I don't know, like 30 seconds?
                          Michael: Oh my God, that's three times as long as it takes me.
                          Michael: How did you get in your wheelchair?
                          Billy Merchant: This morning? Just like every other morning, just climbed on in. [Everyone laughs]
                          Michael: Hey, hey, hey, not funny! Not funny.
                          Billy Merchant: Hey, hey, relax, just jokin around here.
                          Michael: Well, that's good, he still has a sense of humor.
                          Billy Merchant: Listen, I've actually used a chair since I was four years old. I don't really notice it anymore.
                          Michael: Well they notice it. Don't you? You notice it. It's the first thing you saw when he rolled in here, isn't it?

Hahahahahahaha! I?m on my 3rd run through on Netflix and I still laugh my ass off and see new stuff (like last night I noticed Michael dumping a packet of Splenda into his diet soda while talking with folks in the break room.

Comment

The guitar player for the band Portugal. The Man, Eric Howk, uses a wheelchair due to SCI.

Comment

Working...
                            X