Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dreams

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Bonnette View Post
    Scott, is your father still living? We typically assume that dream figures who look like others represent aspects of ourselves, but the reverse can also be true - sometimes when we dream about ourselves, the dream is referring to a figure in our lives with whom we share(d) a bond, whether through family relationship or personal issues. I'm wondering if your father might have had attitudes or experiences that resonate in your own life at this time...maybe regrets, some kind of sadness or feeling of disappointment? If your father is alive, you might be able to ask him about it; if he's not, the dream might still carry a message about some quality or life experience of his that pertains to your life, as well.

    As Freud famously said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. But recurring dreams, especially ones with lingering emotional residuals, tend to mean something more. Just a thought.
    My dad is still alive and lives only 10 minutes away. We talk about 3-5 times a week. Were pretty close (though I'm closer to my mom due to their divorce when I was about 2). I can see where you're going there, but it (the dream) feels like a personal loss. Either the loss of my youth after my injury or the loss of a normal adult life (marriage and children). I've yet to have the same dream a third time. If it does return, I'll delve deeper into its psychological meaning... if any exists.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
      My dad is still alive and lives only 10 minutes away. We talk about 3-5 times a week. Were pretty close (though I'm closer to my mom due to their divorce when I was about 2). I can see where you're going there, but it (the dream) feels like a personal loss. Either the loss of my youth after my injury or the loss of a normal adult life (marriage and children). I've yet to have the same dream a third time. If it does return, I'll delve deeper into its psychological meaning... if any exists.
      Loss of your youth makes a lot of sense. One thing's for sure - we're all the best judge of our own dreams. Sometimes the most striking ones don't seem to correlate to anything in day-to-day life (thank heaven).
      MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

      Comment


      • #18
        Have remembered the tail end of the dream as I wake and know that it was not a good dream.

        Taking or not taking pain meds makes no difference, it's been 35 years and beginning to no medications.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Cris View Post
          Have remembered the tail end of the dream as I wake and know that it was not a good dream.

          Taking or not taking pain meds makes no difference, it's been 35 years and beginning to no medications.
          Hmm, I dunno. Ever indulge in something like marijuana? I'm not recommending it, but maybe it would give you a dream to remember. lol

          I had been watching Game of Thrones and designing a decorative sword for several days and the other night I dreamt that I was riding atop a dragon. It was wild and fun.
          So far, no more baby dreams. Perhaps it meant nothing.

          Comment


          • #20
            I dream all the time but last night was a little bizarre. I dreamt that I had a dream about a pool and remembering a friend that recently passed (no doubt cause of the 9/11 memorial i saw on tv) and one of the other two people in the dream had also recently passed .. but the dream was about telling a friend of mine about the dream and he was pissed because he wasn't in the dream....essentially I had a dream about telling someone about a dream I had and he didn't like it that he wasn't in it. This happened last night and was reading this so i thought i would share.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by pete4sake View Post
              I dream all the time but last night was a little bizarre. I dreamt that I had a dream about a pool and remembering a friend that recently passed (no doubt cause of the 9/11 memorial i saw on tv) and one of the other two people in the dream had also recently passed .. but the dream was about telling a friend of mine about the dream and he was pissed because he wasn't in the dream....essentially I had a dream about telling someone about a dream I had and he didn't like it that he wasn't in it. This happened last night and was reading this so i thought i would share.
              Nice detail retention.

              Comment


              • #22
                Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I had another dream about a baby/infant last night. I don't think it was related to the previous dreams but it was quite disturbing. The baby was laying motionless on the ground and it needed cpr. I run over and begin chest compressions (I know its done a little different on infants but this is a dream.) I go to check the airway and not only is the child dead, but its stiff, as if rigor mortis has already set in. I recoiled in repulsion and the dream ended.

                  I didn't actually remember the dream until I was watching Alaska: the Last Frontier with my caregiver during breakfast. A calf had just recently been born and was laying in the grass. It had been killed by predators but before they said what had happened, I thought they were going to have to do cpr on it and suddenly my dream came back to me.

                  I hope that I don't dream that again...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
                    I had another dream about a baby/infant last night. I don't think it was related to the previous dreams but it was quite disturbing. The baby was laying motionless on the ground and it needed cpr. I run over and begin chest compressions (I know its done a little different on infants but this is a dream.) I go to check the airway and not only is the child dead, but its stiff, as if rigor mortis has already set in. I recoiled in repulsion and the dream ended.

                    I didn't actually remember the dream until I was watching Alaska: the Last Frontier with my caregiver during breakfast. A calf had just recently been born and was laying in the grass. It had been killed by predators but before they said what had happened, I thought they were going to have to do cpr on it and suddenly my dream came back to me.

                    I hope that I don't dream that again...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X