24th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24th Anniversary

Turned out to be just another day, I did not even realize until 9 pm when my wife said something about the date and I looked at my watch.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Congrats on being a survivor...and all that you have done with your life since your injury. Many people look at their injury date as a new birthday, but always tinged with sadness too. We're glad you survived!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

One, five, ten, fifteen, twenty, twenty-five, thirty, thirty-five years...were they milestones. Not for me, just another day...but that doesn't mean NL and I didn't raise a glass of champagne, just because it was another opportunity to raise another glass of champagne to a life in passage.

Donno, NL and I toast you and your 24th!

Comment

God Bless, I wish you peace and ease my friend. -ket

Comment

Congratulations! You are one tough fella.

I call mine "Unhappy Anniversary" - this year my 68th.

Comment

Congrats! You are one tough guy!! I'm slowly nearing my 2nd anniversary. It's getting easier I think as I go

Comment

I'm glad to learn it was the anniversary of your injury and not the anniversary of your wedding.
              Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Comment

Best wishes to you, Donno.
                MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Well done Donno. I don't know if I can go that far but, if I do, you can congratulate me then. Rock on dude.
                  I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Comment

Happy anniversary!
                    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I did have a happy 50th Wedding Anniversary back in November, and I did NOT discover that at the end of the day!! (I can tell 'cause I still have my testicles...)
                      Last edited by Donno; 03-09-2017, 12:05 AM. Reason: Typo
                      Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                      T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                        Turned out to be just another day, I did not even realize until 9 pm when my wife said something about the date and I looked at my watch.
                        Congratulation, I know what you mean, I had my 40th in February but now I can't even remember the exact day. Never thought that would happen but I think it's a good thing, it means I'm not dwelling on the past. Here's to the next forty. Cheers

Comment

20 hit me and started an escalation of worry. (I was 32 then). 25 I started to have failures with my bladder. The last ten years have progressively been worse with pressure sores, infection, osteo, prolapse of the uterus/bladder and now bowel, though I'm stable now that I've been off work for 3yrs. I'm 32yrs in as of the end of July 2017 ... you're just a young'un! lol

This life isn't for the weak.
                          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Working...
                          X