Quads in manual chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual.

When I got injured in '87 I was given the choice of getting either a manual or electric 'chair being injured at C6/C7 with weak manual dexterity. I went with the manual 'chair with coated hand rims for the simple reason of keeping my heart pumping, cardio vascular system running, upper body strength, physical exercise and most importantly breathing (Good for the lungs!).

Pushing a TiLite ZRA 'chair with Surge rubber insert hand rims and watching what you eat helps to keep your weight down, fit and trim.

A simple thing like a 2L bottle cap under the front caster can hang me up too!

Yes, over the years I did get sore muscles, pulled chest muscle, rotator cuff tears and pain in the shoulders but those impairments out weigh the above mentioned.

Going on 30 years injured, looking back, I made the right choice.

Ti
    Last edited by titanium4motion; 5 Mar 2017, 4:08 PM. Reason: Added more detail.
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

I'm with you all the way titanium, almost 47 years and all manual. Why save body parts, can't sell them, even on ebay! Keep up the good work rybread!

Comment

get a smartdrive to assist with inclines

Comment

I'm going to try that when I get a chance. I used to have the e-motion wheels that I used a long time ago but I haven't put them on this chair. On this chair they would have to take out the camber which would suck.
          C-5/6, 7-9-2000
          Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

I am trying to get smart drive but I am also trying a gogrit have you seen the pop n drop not that cool

Comment

Working...
            X