You know that thing when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know that thing when...

You are vacuuming and the cord gets caught on the lever of your leg bag and it opens without you knowing and you make a trail of pee through your just cleaned house? Yeah, that just happened to me. :-(

Feel your pain.

Comment

Better on the floor than in your shoe!

Ti
      "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

Time to buy a Dyson cordless. I have been immobilized more times than I can remember getting trailing cords tangled in my chair. Regarding the leg bag, I always put on an extra clamp, still occasionally fill a shoe.

Comment

Sometimes I clean the floor in my jammies while still wearing the foley and night bag ... and YES! The damn cord gets tangled in my foley tube constantly!
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by ancientgimp View Post
            Time to buy a Dyson cordless.
            Definitely recommend the Dyson cordless.

Comment

Roomba.
              They should be issued when you leave rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
                Better on the floor than in your shoe!

Ti
                Been there got the T-shirt!

Comment

I'm new to having a Foley, so I'm learning as I go. It has happened a couple of times while getting dressed, so now I tape the lever down. I will have to remember to do the same when I vacuum. And I was wearing my slippers, and they got soaked. I had to wash my lower leg and foot, and threw my slippers in the laundry with some jeans I had just started (I was very productive this last weekend, which is unusual for me!), so now my slippers are a dirty dingy graysh color. LOL.

Comment

I tried using those legbags with a flip lever years ago and after catching them when transferring, removing pants, etc., I quickly went back to the bard cap-to-close bags. Be careful to rotate the lip/tab of the cap to slightly forward to prevent it snagging the footrest and you get no wet feet(haven't wore shoes since rehab). I use a wet/dry vac and the worst thing is getting the hose behind my wheels to trap me in a corner lol. I fuss about that almost every time I vacuum. It has taught me patience

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

I have a dyson upright. When I vacuum I run the cord under a leg/thigh strap that I use to keep my legs together, then up over the back of my chair. This keeps the cord from getting tangled up. I can move about easily without worrying about the cord getting tangled in my front casters and under the rear wheels. I still have to run over the cord all the time, but it doesn't get tangled.

Comment

Working...
                      X