• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

Is this for real ?

Anybody have any details ?

It seemed to be running so well !!

http://www.apparelyzed.com/forums/to...forum-closure/

I know this will be a shock to many members, but after much thought the decision has been made to close the forum on the 19th December 2016.
    Because this decision is final and there may be information you want to keep, the boards will remain in a read-only state from now, after the above date they will be taken down. The personal messaging function will remain to allow members to exchange contact details until shut down. No new registrations will be accepted.

Forums come and go on the internet, and I'm sure someone will put another one together to fill the void that Apparelyzed leaves.

The forum has been a great way for those with a spinal cord injury to support each other, and has shown the caring nature members have and their willingness to give advice to others in similar situations.
    Last edited by Jim; 12-05-2016, 12:17 PM.

I too am shocked by this. I would love to know if anyone has more info.

Comment

yeah i was going to ask but cant reply :/ i was thinking it was an april fool but its november :P or something along those lines, shame really i cant understand why.

Comment

Wow. I wonder what behind the scenes stuff led to this. Quite frankly this is a huge loss. We would be wise to duplicate some of the resources available at apparalyzed before the final take down.
        T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Terrible loss.

I wish there were some way to preserve the read-only information after the take-down date.

Comment

I wonder if the owner would allow someone else to take over hosting etc?
            Does anyone know how to reach the current owner?

Comment

Originally posted by Mize View Post
              I wonder if the owner would allow someone else to take over hosting etc?
              Does anyone know how to reach the current owner?
              Believe he is a member here: /forum/member.php?5575-Apparelyzed

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks KLD. I've PM'd here and on Apparelyzed.

Comment

If you take a step back and think about it, websites can turn so negative that they can't be turned around. One way to stop the madness is to end them (to remind folks that they're out of control) or do an "upgrade" that significantly impairs the functionality so much so that negative momentum is hard to sustain (my hypothesis for what happened with this site's upgrade several years ago).

The website for my niche profession has countered negative momentum by loading it up with moderators that match every single negative post with 5 or so positive ones (it is totally obvious that this is the strategy). They used to just delete negative posts but they were deleting so much that the site was becoming useless. When posters get really out of line they contact their employer and share their username and posts with them.

Comment

I hadn't noticed anything like that at Apparelyzed, but I haven't visited as often the last few weeks.

Comment

I'm not trying to stir up trouble. I just try to look at things for what they are.

Comment

I hadn't noticed rampant negativity there either. I think that's projecting something that wasnt really there, any more than usual, anyway.
                        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
                          I hadn't noticed rampant negativity there either. I think that's projecting something that wasnt really there, any more than usual, anyway.
                          Why wouldn't he sell it then? I suspect it could be worth something. Maybe the value is in letting someone else start another website from the ground up with no baggage?

Comment

Damn, even though I am not a member, I hate to loose that resource. I just found two Iglide posts from their archives, one from Aug 2007 that should help me.
                            I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

all that information and help is going to be lost, all that information that helped me and many others :/

Comment

Working...
                              X