Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Forums are just one of the many steps in the development of electronic communication from newsgroups, bulletin boards, forums and now the swap to social media, most of the other forums I used to visit have now got social media options and it would not be difficult to start a private group there to continue the social aspects. I created a and ran a specialist motorbike forum for a number of years then passed it on to a club when the admin load was too great.

    Comment


      #17
      He's not interested in selling or transferring.
      T3 complete since Sept 2015.

      Comment


        #18
        I loved this site. heck I would have even paid a membership fee to keep it going. this group helped me so much.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Lavender lady View Post
          I loved this site. heck I would have even paid a membership fee to keep it going. this group helped me so much.
          Welcome here.

          Comment


            #20
            Thank you,

            Comment


              #21
              It appears that the Apparelyzed forum is already closed to any further postings, so individually, we can't encourage their membership to start posting here. I know the Care Cure Community forum has had it's difficulties in recent years, but in the main the Care Cure Community has become a much more welcoming and inclusive forum, with a whole lot less drama and cliques, since the problems with the V-bulletin update. That said, I am hopeful that the Apparelyzed members will take another look at Care Cure and I hope that members and moderators alike will welcome them.

              All the best,
              GJNL

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                It appears that the Apparelyzed forum is already closed to any further postings, so individually, we can't encourage their membership to start posting here. I know the Care Cure Community forum has had it's difficulties in recent years, but in the main the Care Cure Community has become a much more welcoming and inclusive forum, with a whole lot less drama and cliques, since the problems with the V-bulletin update. That said, I am hopeful that the Apparelyzed members will take another look at Care Cure and I hope that members and moderators alike will welcome them.

                All the best,
                GJNL
                We're at a very interesting point in time. A complete cure is probably going to be a little longer than 5 years off but incremental progress is being made in so many ways and on so man fronts that I can really see our plights becoming more doable. Several hundred thousand members on this site coming together and constructively moving things forward could create a tremendous force that would inspire others to get behind us creating even more positive momentum.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Patton57 View Post
                  A complete cure is probably going to be a little longer than 5 years off
                  From your mouth . . .
                  stephen@bike-on.com

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                    From your mouth . . .
                    Okay, I probably should have said, "Since a cure is....".

                    And yes I was being facetious with that 5 years + a little more time, claim. I just hate saying we'll have a cure in 5 years.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I got the crap beat out of me by one member on Apparalyzed. I only visited a few times after that. This guy was a real dick!

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Like Lavendar Lady, I too am a refuge from apparelyzed. The group helped me tremendously as I was foundering during my first couple of years but I have not been very active in the last year.
                        Cauda Equina...L1...walker

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Outwister View Post
                          Like Lavendar Lady, I too am a refuge from apparelyzed. The group helped me tremendously as I was foundering during my first couple of years but I have not been very active in the last year.
                          Glad to meet you.
                          As a wife and caregiver, there are many days when I'm still floundering.
                          CareCure has been a lifeline.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Reaching out to all Caregivers from the Apparelyzed forum. Care Cure Community has a Caregiver forum at: /forum/forumdisplay.php?90-Caregivers-Forum

                            It used to be a fairly active forum, but not so much recently. Any Caregivers from Apparelyed are welcome to join this forum. I'd love to see more activity and welcome any and all caregivers to share here.

                            NL
                            GJ's wife and caregiver

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Mombo View Post
                              I got the crap beat out of me by one member on Apparalyzed. I only visited a few times after that. This guy was a real dick!
                              Unusual that!! As other members would have stepped in for a more balanced thread!!

                              Anyway .... Yes. I'm also another Apprelysed member whose joined!!

                              Hello everyone!

                              It is really strange but I feel as though I have lost friends with the closure of The Apparelyzed Forum!!

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Hello from another orphaned Apparelyzed member. I'm one of the best friends and sometimes carer of a SCI. Had it not been for Apparelyzed and the grand folks there, we would have been stumbling around in the dark about the proper equipment, wound cause/care, AD . . . the whole works.

                                I am very sad for the friends I met there, many of whom have little or no functionality and will soon loose the day to day contact with the outside world. Care Cure appears to be an amazing site, but huge, so very daunting. There is a very small forum that has a "chat" function, enabling the friends I'm referring to contact with their forum buddies and family. The bugs are still being worked out for chat mobile users, but that should be sorted out soon.


                                Other Apparelyzed orphans, do check it out. Need a little patience while they ramp up, but the Admin is a sharp young buck, and he's got a couple of mods that aren't too shabby.


                                http://inspiredsciforum.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X