Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by funklab View Post
    Regardless of your current sanity (or lack thereof) welcome to that other SCI forum.
    Is there something of a rivalry between the three big SCI forums, including this one, Apparelyzed, and a third one which has a hyphen in the middle of its name?

I ask because I keep seeing people refer to them, especially the latter website (hence my not mentioning its full name lest I get banhammered) as "the other site" in a wink-wink sort of way. Seems a little peculiar, but then internet communities can have very strange fallings out even if their members are all discussing the same subject, so I guess who knows...

Comment

• Originally posted by ConcernedSon View Post
      Is there something of a rivalry between the three big SCI forums, including this one, Apparelyzed, and a third one which has a hyphen in the middle of its name?

I ask because I keep seeing people refer to them, especially the latter website (hence my not mentioning its full name lest I get ban hammered) as "the other site" in a wink-wink sort of way. Seems a little peculiar, but then internet communities can have very strange fallings out even if their members are all discussing the same subject, so I guess who knows...
      Not between us and Apparelyzed, especially since it is no more. The administrator of that site was actually a member here too. It closed a couple of months ago. Not sure which "third" forum you are referring to? Inspired? Not sure why you think that speaking openly about any other internet resources for people with SCI/D would subject you to banning.

(KLD)
      Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 03-15-2017, 09:35 PM.
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

• Anyway, you can transfer that data?

Out

Comment

• Aww shoot. I had a feeling it disappeared. I hadn't logged in there since mid 2015 and decided to try to visit the site today but nothing showed up in google search. So I guess this is the only alternative. I wasn't a heavily active member on apparelyzed, I was aware of the drama on that site though (presumably one of the reasons it was closed) and I occasionally got chewed out by members there when I did post (some ornery people). Oh well.

Comment

• Welcome! Glad you found us. Hope you stay and contribute.

Comment

• Is there a complete address for this? I have registered here, but I'd like to try the other forums Simon suggested. I used to post a lot, when I was first injured, and apparelyzed was a life saver. I can to pop in today only to find it is gone! Sad day.

Comment

• I found you all at last.
                SC13

Comment

• Originally posted by Grunt View Post
                  Well... Hello everyone. I am also a bit of an orphaned lurker from Apparelyzed. I've lurked here, too, for many years, but never joined 'til now.

As others have mentioned in this thread, I didn't want to lose all that valuable information on Apparelyzed that I have learned so much from, and used so often. Just like CareCure. Anyway, I downloaded the website before it went down. I got most, if not all, of it (no way to tell now). I have it on a hard drive, and it works just fine, forums and all. Read-only, of course. Not sure what to do with it, or what can be done legally and what all. Just seems like such a waste to not be able to re-establish it somehow...

I was putzing around it earlier, and figured I should go ahead and post here, just in case someone here might have some ideas.

Cheers,
                  Grunt (I know, I know. But all the good handles are already taken...)
                  I'd be interested in the files. I run a site with the same exact software and have 10+ years experience with forums. I'm willing to be it's password-protected archive somehow but would still be interested in taking a look. Additionally, it most likely does not have the databases but again, interested. Shoot me a PM sometime!

Comment

• You might have a legal challenge from the original owner/publisher over this. For sure I know he would be offended. I took everything offline for reasons he felt were compelling and he is a smart guy, so consider respecting his wishes. This is said by moi, who misses badly being able to search through those files!

Comment

• I am way late to this party, but I am totally shocked. I did not go to the forum often but there were many times I needed to talk to folks.
                      Had the damage done to my spine written out there.... and I can't even remember now. sigh ~~
                      Grade 2 sacral Fractures, broken pelvis

Comment

• Originally posted by snodrog742 View Post
                        I'd be interested in the files. I run a site with the same exact software and have 10+ years experience with forums. I'm willing to be it's password-protected archive somehow but would still be interested in taking a look. Additionally, it most likely does not have the databases but again, interested. Shoot me a PM sometime!
                        If you are conversant with vbulletin you will know that the data is stored in mysqpl tables and it is highly unlikely that the table data can be exported via the web, you'd need to have a connection to the sql database. It is highly unlikely that you could restore it but if you had the files mentioned above it might be possible to host and allow others to view which would be useful. Ownership of the info is a difficult one, did the site owner have specific terms where he, as publisher acquired the rights or did individual members retain the rights. It would be an impossible task to contact every member.

Comment

• Hi, I was an apparelyzed forum member and so disappointed to see it gone. I'm searching for a similar forum/community/support and hope this one can fill the void. I wasn't super active on it, but posted time to time when I was in desperate need for help and support and apparelyzed folks ALWAYS came thru - members were so kind, supportive and I never once encountered anything nasty. You guys are awesome!

So, just saying Hi and I'll be back - I've got some whopper issues (online dating -#$^@@^! has anyone succeeded with that!) and some ideas I'd love feedback on. AND people always tell me I'm a good listener w/ supportive ideas so.......

Comment

• Welcome Larryandka, it would be helpful if you could add your location (country, region, state, etc.) to your profile in addition to the information you have there already on you level of injury, etc.

Thanks,
                            (KLD)
                            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

• i'm shock, too
                              Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
                              Is this for real ?

Anybody have any details ?

It seemed to be running so well !!

http://www.apparelyzed.com/forums/to...forum-closure/

Comment

• did anyone find out what happened since it never re-incarnated elsewhere like I thought it would (accommable.com merged into Airbnb etc) and Simon put a lot of work into it and I had a link swap with him. Hope Simon is doing well and any news would be appreciated. Aloha Bruce

Comment

Working...
                                X