Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved: assisted suicide discussion

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
    Good luck with the Enemeez. I couldn't transition from Magic Bullets to Enemeez, even after receiving two rounds of free samples.

https://www.carecure.net/forum/showt...ets-to-Enemeez

All the best,
    GJ
    Thank you! I’ve been busy arguing with my psychiatrist about why doctors can’t assist people sane in mind, broken in body to commit suicide. She said it’s because of the first do not harm clause, but I’ve read that truly doesn’t exist in the Hippocratic Oath.

Why assisted? Why should I be forced to repaint my wall with my brains by using a gun? It’s a terrible mess to leave behind and it’s not 100% effective.

I’ve even spoke to my father about going to Sweden or Switzerland. Let’s just say we have very different views on the subject. I understand it in a way, he doesn’t want to lose his only child. However, if I’m that unhappy and the life I want cannot be had in my condition, then delaying the inevitable seems futile.

You may not have to go that far. Canada has approved assisted suicide though we're still fighting about who would get it.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

As of June 9, California has a medically assisted suicide law for patients who are considered "terminal," but there are various hoops you need to jump through to get there.

That said, I'm not sure how, in 18 posts, we jumped from a thread about "changes in bowel function" to assisted suicide.

Todd, I've been on the Care Cure Community for many years as have you, off and on. I hope you can find some assistance either here or with medical professionals that will help you through this time of crisis.

All the best,
      GJ
      Last edited by gjnl; 07-06-2016, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Be very careful what you say to health professionals. The state can incarcerate you if there is reason to believe you will hurt yourself. Do not think they are there to help.

Comment

That said, I'm not sure how, in 18 posts, we jumped from a thread about "changes in bowel function" to assisted suicide.
          That's the magic of Le Todd! lol He has quite a fantastic, yet morbid, sense of humour. Or HUMOR for the Americanos.
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
            You may not have to go that far. Canada has approved assisted suicide though we're still fighting about who would get it.
            Fuck yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Dlevy View Post
              Be very careful what you say to health professionals. The state can incarcerate you if there is reason to believe you will hurt yourself. Do not think they are there to help.
              I heed your words. I don?t know where the hell they?d put me. Ideally, some place with a lot of sedatives.

I?ve been very honest with my psychiatrist. I?m not actively suicidal, plus I have a dog to live for, but I want the option to have a doctor assist me with dying, but because I provide all those assholes with monetary gain, I doubt it. End of life care costs insurance companies millions. They love profiting off the suffering.

Comment

Le Todd, it seems as though you are simply looking ahead, not the present. Unfortunately some very well meaning people have very overactive imaginations, and transpose your thoughts to today. Perhaps one day tour wish will become a reality, I don't know. You do know that if you use any illegal means to end your own life, your life insurance if you have any, can renege on paying off such a policy. I do not know if that is important to any one here. But I have paid into a policy for 60 years, same company same policy. My grandchildren would lose a small fortune if "I" were to do such a thing.

Comment

I believe most suicide clauses expire in two years. But Todd think of the dog! :-) -ket

Comment

GJ
                    It makes perfect sense to me the whole bowel care nonsenseand suicide could not be closer related! I think for a lot of people they do and frankly should go hand-in-hand! That's just me, and I have to get it done to me on a daily basis by other people,One time my best friend! so there's that

Comment

Originally posted by Dlevy View Post
                      I believe that's absolute bullshit maybe if your paraplegic maybe but even then I don't think so. If you're severely paralyzed from the neck down, you're completely dependent everything you do in life revolves around personal assistance either by friends and family, government organizations and what you can pay for. You have to pay all normal expenses, but on top of that among MANY many other things you have to pay every time you shit and piss. You have no real freedom, no real control, if you were left alone be no different than a fish out of water in fact the fish has a better chance, privacy dignity are no longer factors of life; only things that you're supposed to look past. One of the most entertaining, beautiful, motivational things in life: sex is completely destroyed leaving only A bleak, mundane, sad, depressing mentality of "it's not all about vairety and pleasure" as the only "treatment",or you know celibacy! Enjoy that for well... the rest of your life, and hope that your girlfriend permanently accepts that every time she feels like getting fucked against the walland ambitiously wanting to receiving your full gratitude at the end of it. Instead she gets a repeated slow paced at best variation of cowgirl, until the blue pill wears off or she finishes with the help of your mouth for the hundredth time, and you finish with something along the lines of aBig climactic "how was it?". Your health spirals more and more out of control, no matter what you do; no matter how hard you try disease will find you, your bones and muscles will wither away; plenty of secondary benefits like nerve pain, spasms, circulation issues, weak skin , Reoccurring infections etc. there is absolutely nothing you can do about your dwindling tiny, yet unproportional body image... Reality has and could give me many more wonderful examples to continue on about, but I'm sure we get the idea...

AND with all of that on the table, all of that in mind they're going to say "you're completely out of it, you're insane, completely irrational, your not thinking straight" because you want to die rather then live like that, so they lock you up. Say " take this pill for happiness, this pill for spasms, this pill for anxiety, this pill for your bladder, this pill for your bones, This pill for your blood pressure, this pill for sensationless erections, this pill for nerve pain, this pill for normal pain if you need any other pills just point out something that's wrong, and I'd like you to continue letting people shove their finger up your ass and after a long time I think you'll feel better about people shoving their finger up your ass". "Oh yeah I almost forgot; I don't really know you or anything and I understand that basically your entire body is paralyzed but You don't really need that, I say this to every paralyzed patient I get so it must be right! there's definitely 100% something out there that you'll genuinely enjoy doing a new passion just for you that you can do on a regular basis whenever you want, give you new meaning"...

Jokes aside it's not ill rational, I didn't have someone close to me pass away, then in relatively close proximity lose my job then all of a sudden in a fit of desperation cut my wrists and call the ambulance. Although those things are troublesome and sometimes deeply painful, that would definitely be un rationa, that person needs to talk to someone needs to be watched and give him time to cool down until he realizes that life goes on and he's all right. Quadriplegia is another thing entirely it is permanent, it affects everything in your life 24 no smoke breaks!! I couldn't see anyone putting someone in a Ward because they would rather die than be paralyzed from the neck down, it's completely rational. If they did do that to someone, and they genuinely were disgusted and despised living like this they would be able to explain it in a constructive way that would leave the diagnosing doctors or psychologist feeling stupid for what they did!

Why assistance? Let's not forget that many people are not fortunate enough to be able to load a gun and shoot it, among many other options. These are the kind of situations where they have to resort to starvation which many real life examples has shown takes months! That is deeply disturbing to leave a human to resort to that!

The whole terminal argument, well a lot of the terminal diagnosis can be prolonged through medical intervention something like caregiving. Take a quadriplegic,let him deny 100% of medical intervention/caregiving they probably die faster than most cancers, sure as hell a lot more painful and uglier! I consider that terminal and you could easily make a solid argument.
                      Last edited by JamesMcM; 07-07-2016, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sullivan View Post
                        Le Todd, it seems as though you are simply looking ahead, not the present. Unfortunately some very well meaning people have very overactive imaginations, and transpose your thoughts to today. Perhaps one day tour wish will become a reality, I don't know. You do know that if you use any illegal means to end your own life, your life insurance if you have any, can renege on paying off such a policy. I do not know if that is important to any one here. But I have paid into a policy for 60 years, same company same policy. My grandchildren would lose a small fortune if "I" were to do such a thing.
                        I don?t have life insurance. I?m single and gay. I don?t have kids relying on my taking care of them. I suppose the only reason I?d need it is for funeral expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by ketamine kitty View Post
                          I believe most suicide clauses expire in two years. But Todd think of the dog! :-) -ket
                          Of course! I can?t leave my dog. I?m thinking of the future. I?m likely to outlive my baby boy, so when he isn?t around any longer, then I?d be open into looking into my options.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                            It makes perfect sense to me the whole bowel care nonsenseand suicide could not be closer related! I think for a lot of people they do and frankly should go hand-in-hand! That's just me, and I have to get it done to me on a daily basis by other people,One time my best friend! so there's that
                            It?s the perfect segue to me. When people can?t shit, it affects their mood. It?s called the brain-gut connection.

Comment

Suicide does not affect payment of my (and probably all) life insurance since I have had the policies over two years. It is stated in the policy.

Comment

Working...
                              X