Moved: assisted suicide discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dlevy View Post
    Suicide does not affect payment of my (and probably all) life insurance since I have had the policies over two years. It is stated in the policy.
    Put me as a beneficiary. 😬

Comment

Originally posted by Le Todd View Post
      It?s the perfect segue to me. When people can?t shit, it affects their mood. It?s called the brain-gut connection.
      Ya that's why haha

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
        Ya that's why haha
        Haha!

Comment

Since you are single, no kids, and gay, evidently with no partner, cancel all past what I thought was informative information.

However, everyone else should read all the exceptions on your life insurance policies, not simply the one pertaining to suicide.

Anyway if there is absolutely no one else who could be considered, if you just up and die without Life Insurance the City, State, county, someone, will eventually pay to plant you. It costs a lot of money to keep your carcass in the cooler/freezer. You get the idea. However, anyone who can be considered a relative may be tagged for the bill. We are prepaying for our cremation, that relieves anyone from being responsible for burying us. And then finding a place to put us. But I would like to think we left something for the grand kids to use for their education, or what ever.

Comment

Is it still suicide if you have help?
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Originally posted by Dlevy View Post
              Suicide does not affect payment of my (and probably all) life insurance since I have had the policies over two years. It is stated in the policy.
              Are you in the US? I have never heard of that in any insurance policy other than whole life which accrues an actual cash value. No term life insurance would have that clause.

Comment

Hey Todd, (slightly off topic) but how did sci affect your gay-ness?

I don?t have life insurance. I?m single and gay. I don?t have kids relying on my taking care of them. I suppose the only reason I?d need it is for funeral expenses.
                Just curious, as my sci led to my asexual-ness, did yours lead to more or less gay-ness?
                I think I love only my car in that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                  Just curious, as my sci led to my asexual-ness, did yours lead to more or less gay-ness?
                  I think I love only my car in that way.
                  No, my lust for men continued, but men fall in love with their eyes. Thus, being gay and disabled can be daunting. Fitness and body perfection are ideals held by the gay community. Then you have ED issues, which can hurt you if guys want to be fucked and not fuck.

However, all that said, there may be a certain safety I’ve had not being too engrossed in the hedonism the gay community offers. I’ve had lots of friends contract HIV, HIV friends contracting more STDs because they insist on unsafe sex, there’s a lot of drug use. Here in New Orleans, alcohol and meth are popular drugs of choice for gay men. I’ve learned the lingo on Grindr. Whenever a guy capitalizes a t when it’s unnecessary, he’s looking for meth, or as they call it Tina.

Comment

Fitness and body perfection are ideals held by the gay community.
                    I've always wondered why this is so. It seems to exist in the gay (meaning males) community but not the lesbian community.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton57 View Post
                      I've always wondered why this is so. It seems to exist in the gay (meaning males) community but not the lesbian community.
                      Men are visual, women are much less so. Men need visual stimulation to achieve an erection. It’s biology.

Comment

Men are visual, women are much less so.
                        Agree with this. As a generalization, men look at physicality first in a potential mate.

Men need visual stimulation to achieve an erection. It’s biology.
                        Not true. AB men do need to have something turn them on for a psychogenic erection (as do women for lubrication), but it doesn't have to be visual. Fantasy, the right music, the right wine, etc. can also stimulate these centers in the brain. If your statement were true, blind men would never be able to have an erection.

(KLD)
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                          Not true. AB men do need to have something turn them on for a psychogenic erection (as do women for lubrication), but it doesn't have to be visual. Fantasy, the right music, the right wine, etc. can also stimulate these centers in the brain. If your statement were true, blind men would never be able to have an erection.

(KLD)
                          I agree with you. I should’ve given interpretation for visualization, not only literal vision, to have a psychogenic erection. Many times in my teens I relied solely on my imagination.

Comment

Working...
                          X