I'm going to be on a Canadian TV series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to be on a Canadian TV series

Hi everyone. For those interested, starting Wednesday I will be starring in a 10 episode TV series called Montreal Housemates. Last January I spent a month living with 2 other people with disabilities (a blind woman and a stroke victim) and a non-disabled person. A crew followed us around filming our daily activities and the challenges that people with disabilities face every day. I had a lot of fun filming this series, made some lasting friendships, and learned a bit about the differences and the similarities that people with different disabilities face.

The show will be premiering Wednesdays at 7:30 PM on AMI, which comes with all basic cable packages in Canada. You can find out what channel it's on by clicking here: http://www.ami.ca/schedules. For those of you outside of Canada, the AMI website will be streaming the episodes the day after the premiere. I don't think it's geo-blocked but if it is you can use a free VPN service like Hola unblocker.

Here is the show's page: http://www.ami.ca/category/montreal-housemates

www.worldonwheels.ca

Badass!

Comment

Congrats! I look forward to watching.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Nice, Comcast will carry your show here. Locations show by zip code on the show's home page.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

I've set my DVR!!!
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Will this be 'en francais' or 'en anglais?'
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

Bummed...not showing on any station in my area. I will try to catch it via the next day streaming. Keep this thread updated with reminders!

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Actually Lynnifer when we were done, they shipped us out and did the entire series over again with a French cast which is already 2 episodes in. I was able to watch both premieres a couple of weeks ago. The vibe is TOTALLY different. The English one is more peppy and less serious.

Here's the link to the French page:http://www.amitele.ca/category/les-colocataires
                www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

I have it set to record! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Good first episode!

Comment

Yep, can't wait to watch the rest! Wish we were closer.

Comment

Can't find where the streaming version is available. Is there a link?

(KLD)

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                            Can't find where the streaming version is available. Is there a link?

(KLD)
                            As soon as it's up, I'll let you know!
                            www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Put an episode on youtube!
                              C5-C6 #quadlife

Comment

Working...
                              X