Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to be on a Canadian TV series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Saw it Chris. Best line possibly EVER spoken on a reality show: "I brought my knives." [Awkward pause] "I'm not crazy or anything." LOL!

    Comment


      #17
      Yeah, Cowboy, that was good. I had to laugh. Chris's timing was perfect in explaining.

      Seems like a good group of people.

      Comment


        #18
        Thanks guys, flattery gets you everywhere!

        Just a note to say the first two episodes are streaming on AMI's site!

        CHECK IT OUT!
        www.worldonwheels.ca

        Comment


          #19
          Great second episode ... knives line WAS funny! Good to show everyone still has a job or interest to pursue.
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

          T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

          Comment


            #20
            Thanks for posting the link. I have watched the first episode so far, and I am impressed. Good to see you, Chris!

            (KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

            Comment


              #21
              great first ep! i'm glad the AB woman is not some naive person with no prior experience or association with disability.

              I'm curious why you went home to do your care program. was it mainly privacy issue and they couldn't arrange that without camera/people intrusion or was it just your personal preference?

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by chick View Post
                great first ep! i'm glad the AB woman is not some naive person with no prior experience or association with disability.

                I'm curious why you went home to do your care program. was it mainly privacy issue and they couldn't arrange that without camera/people intrusion or was it just your personal preference?
                The bathrooms weren't wheelchair accessible. I could roll in, but not far enough to get to the shower/over the toilet.
                www.worldonwheels.ca

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by christopher View Post
                  The bathrooms weren't wheelchair accessible. I could roll in, but not far enough to get to the shower/over the toilet.
                  They should have used that on the show - would have been a great opportunity and learning experience! Often living spaces may have "accessible" entrances and other areas can be modified for wc user and accommodate differing functions (like the door handle you showed and kitchen area etc.) but bathrooms can be tricky and more difficult and expensive to modify.

                  Misleading on the "accessible" apartment!!

                  Seriously tho, it is a shame they neglected or intentionally chose (in which case it's curious why) to hide that fact.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by chick View Post
                    They should have used that on the show - would have been a great opportunity and learning experience! Often living spaces may have "accessible" entrances and other areas can be modified for wc user and accommodate differing functions (like the door handle you showed and kitchen area etc.) but bathrooms can be tricky and more difficult and expensive to modify.

                    Misleading on the "accessible" apartment!!

                    Seriously tho, it is a shame they neglected or intentionally chose (in which case it's curious why) to hide that fact.
                    It gets mentioned throughout the show. There's ten episodes! I can see both sides though... the production didn't have the budget to adapt an apartment they were renting for only four months, and it was fine for the other 7 housemates. I could have had my care done in bed but... no.
                    www.worldonwheels.ca

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by christopher View Post
                      It gets mentioned throughout the show. There's ten episodes!
                      Ok, Ok! I'll be patient

                      I understand budget issues....and yea, I wouldn't want to do the bed thing either, in that situation.

                      I'm caught up with ep2. You do a great job describing and explaining things as you go!



                      btw. it was cool we got to see Amy - "I love you" awwww

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Leave it to Chris to shout, "Shit!" when the truck was parked at the bus stop. lol

                        And way to lie to police! lol
                        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                        T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                          Leave it to Chris to shout, "Shit!" when the truck was parked at the bus stop. lol

                          And way to lie to police! lol
                          I'm surprised they didn't bleep that out!
                          www.worldonwheels.ca

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Is that on Ep. 3? I didn't watch it yet. I'll get on that today. Loving the show.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Yes - eppy 3. I'm surprised/not that they didn't bleep that out ... surprised because of the nature of that channel, but not surprised because it's Canada and not against any broadcasting laws.

                              Sandro is a tall drink of water at ... I think he said ... 6'7" 250lbs! It's too bad the stroke took away the inflection in his voice, but he speaks very well and very clearly! The woman who happens to be blind blows me away too.
                              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                              T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Chris is sexy in the morning! #EpisodeFour
                                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                                T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X