Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

name of the woman bringing charges against Cosby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the great dialogue on this. You two are very engaging

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
    Jake he already admitted he gave her the pill(s?) with the intention for having sex. He is guilty of that much. The only question left is can he still be held criminally liable.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeHalsted View Post
      why? because he's an African American Intellectual...
      An intellectual who couldn't pass 10th grade three times? You set your bar low.

Comment

Gosh Jake! I'm a pinko liberal. I take great pains to avoid manifesting ANY of the animus for minorities my poor old white man father left me. (like the old white men who hate Obama)
        When this all started to come down on Cos' I felt terrible. Tell me it ain't true!
        Cos' was always lovable and the black community in no way should have such an gentle icon pilloried and brought down into the moral muck.

But, the evidence seems irresistible. Even to me.
        69yo male T12 complete since 1995
        NW NJ

Comment

This appears to be double jeopardy even though the first trial was in civil court. The protected testimony he presented there has prevented a fair trial in a criminal court, because he thought has testimony was protected.

I also believe that Bill Cosby has lost all credibility forever over all this. Yes, even though the things he is accused of, were so despicable, rape is the most demeaning and personal invasion event that anyone can suffer. But on the other hand, these women also admit they voluntarily took whatever drug he gave them willingly. This is very questionable behavior. They seem to be somewhat complicit in creating the crime they say he committed upon them. At this late date, how can anyone know for certain the any sexual act ever took place? To commit rape some penetration, no matter how slight, must have taken place. How today can that be proven?

I am not defending Bill Cosby by any means. I am questioning this because almost any man who has been in a private setting with any woman, under the conditions they have so far presented, can be accused, and tried for this crime.
          Last edited by Bob Sullivan; 12-31-2015, 01:51 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sullivan View Post
            This appears to be double jeopardy even though the first trial was in civil court. The protected testimony he presented there has prevented a fair trial in a criminal court, because he thought has testimony was protected.

I also believe that Bill Cosby has lost all credibility forever over all this. Yes, even though the things he is accused of, were so despicable, rape is the most demeaning and personal invasion event that anyone can suffer. But on the other hand, these women also admit they voluntarily took whatever drug he gave them willingly. This is very questionable behavior. They seem to be somewhat complicit in creating the crime they say he committed upon them. At this late date, how can anyone know for certain the any sexual act ever took place? To commit rape some penetration, no matter how slight, must have taken place. How today can that be proven?

I am not defending Bill Cosby by any means. I am questioning this because almost any man who has been in a private setting with any woman, under the conditions they have so far presented, can be accused, and tried for this crime.

I agree with what you've said. Just consider, Cosby has already said that he fingered her somewhere between acceptance and denial, whatever that means. She says it was rape.
            I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Could this be a case of agree's regret?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeHalsted View Post
                He deserves a day in court. Until he's convicted, he's innocent in my book.
                Fucking hell is freezing over. Jake is correct, it doesn't matter if 1000 women go on Dr. Phil or any of the myriad of media whores Cosby is innocent till proven guilty. He is ultra rich which means a) he doesn't need to slip women pills to get laid and b) and if .1% of the chicks he boned in his life are money grubbing and without scruples it would probably add up to 50 women.

Comment

From what I have seen on the media, Cosby may have little interest in simple, consensual sex and he doesn't want to physically fight women to get sex. Instead, he likes to trick them, drug them, render them near comatose, then have sex. At least he hasn't progressed to killing them 1st then having sex with the corpse. He deserves his day in court, however, I have personally seen enough evidence to conclude that probably the majority of his accusers are truthful with some grifters also trying to cash in. I feel sorry for his wife.

Comment

dear mr Halstead. My name is Jody mcFee
                    I was raped at the age of 16 by my adopted father. He not only drugged me, He claimed he was sleepwalking and accidentally got into bed with me. I lived outside of a tiny farming town. it nearly ended in a mass murder. I don't know how I talked him into letting me go, but I did. I had to testify in front of police what he did to me, in front of a grand jury too, and they were all men. He got a lawyer, I got a social worker, because I was a minor ward of the state.

in the same way Mr cosby was a man of authority, and reputation, so was my adopted father. because I could not Identify a mark on his body, he got away with it.
                    it was before stalking laws and so he stalked me for several years. I had to leave town and then move to different states to get away from him.
                    ask me anything you want about what its like to be raped by someone you were supposed to be safe with. someone looking out for your best interests, someone who is a father figure with an upstanding reputation. ask me anything you like about what its like to have an abortion as a teenager, when you were a virgin the month before, and had never even been kissed by a boy. ask me what its like to tell someone that this just happened to you and it was someone people respected. ask me how many times I thought it was better to cease life rather than tell someone what just happened. the time he drugged me, he failed to accomplish his plan, but I didn't know I had been drugged until someone kindly testified that he had done that to her when she was 14. it was some kind of livestock tranquilizer. if I had died he would have just said I committed suicide because I was a troubled foster child. that woman still has my gratitude. I knew how hard it was to say what she had kept hidden. she had a husband and children and they knew nothing of her introduction into grown up sex.

he still did not go to jail though. it would take another 16 year old girl five years later to do that. if not for my failed attempt tell, that was now part of his history, he would have gotten away with that one too. Later I would get letters and phone calls from people saying they were sorry they said nothing even though they knew what he was doing over and over.

ask me anything you want about being raped that way. im pretty sure my road away from there led me here. if you like you can try getting surprise drugged, and sodomized. Lets see if you know you were forcibly impaled and then lets see if it affects you years and years later when you read about your rapist doing that to other people. lets see if it all comes back. details you thought you forgot. I can tell you one thing from the deepest part of my soul. THEY WERE ROBBED and BRUTALIZED, and they will never get over it completely. they only learn to live with what happened, or they don't live. I know in my heart not a single one of those women were lying. no one wants to admit that happened. not even years and years later. those ladies past the statute of limitations, it doesn't matter if he pays for what he did to them. if that one raped woman gets him convicted of one rape. we all feel closure of a sort, we all feel vindicated. Mr cosby is about the same age as my rapist. I know he's watching the news too. I know he didn't forget one living second of what he did to any one of us.

Comment

its not about not (needing rape women.) its about his power over them, their helplessness, the fact that he managed to lure them and drug them.

do you think a man like that will feel the same satisfaction from paying a prostitute to pretend she's helpless and defenseless? no, its about consuming the one you chose even if she would never have anything to do with you if she had any way to stop it. sure he could pay someone to be his meat pie, but that doesn't satisfy the real need in him.

its exactly the same as a hunter trying to get that certain rack. he can go buy a mounted head, and he can go buy deer steaks, so why would he go shoot that amazing buck with the atypical rack? he spotted the one he wanted and put her in his sights, he convinced her she was safe with him, (deer feeders, salt, molasses corn) then he rendered her immobile, and did what he needed to do with the carcass. if you're a good deer hunter you don't need buy meat. Cosby was a pretty skilled deer hunter.

Comment

Jody-thanks for sharing that. I was abused as a child by my mother.
                        69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                        NW NJ

Comment

The thing is you started your sentence with the whole issue I have with this "From what I have seen on the media". If he is guilty he should pay the price, but in today's world he has been judged guilty in the court of public opinion. His career is over, and even if he is not guilty he will never recover from it. I have a problem with this.

Jody, that is a horrible story but isn't germane to Cosby. Just because a person is capable of heinous behavior doesn't prove another person has done it.

Originally posted by ancientgimp View Post
                          From what I have seen on the media, Cosby may have little interest in simple, consensual sex and he doesn't want to physically fight women to get sex. Instead, he likes to trick them, drug them, render them near comatose, then have sex. At least he hasn't progressed to killing them 1st then having sex with the corpse. He deserves his day in court, however, I have personally seen enough evidence to conclude that probably the majority of his accusers are truthful with some grifters also trying to cash in. I feel sorry for his wife.

Comment

Jody, I am sorry you went through that hell. I guess past tense does not apply. What I wanted to say is thank you for sharing. This Cosby thing, his motives, the victims, the reasons for their actions then and now have been difficult to understand. Your explanation is the best I see so far.
                            I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

I want to say the same as NoNoise said. I'm sitting here dumbstruck by your story. I knew there were challenges in your life .... Words can't describe what I'm feeling right now except wanting to hold you tightly and being thankful for your survival and strength.

Comment

Like T8burst, I am appalled by the number of people who are accepting the large number of similar accusations as the truth. "Normally the rule of law should apply, but given the number of accusers, we can ignore the rule of law in this case." What has happened to my country?
                                Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                                T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

Working...
                                X