Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUADS ONLY: What do you enjoy doing or what makes you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump.

Anything else?

Comment

My wife and I run a sizeable farm in South Dakota. I guess I enjoy the rush in the spring when the planter hits the field and when the combining starts. Not so much the waiting for rain or sometimes the hired help. This last winter bought a couple of storage units at auction (it was like Christmas opening them up.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingsj View Post
        My wife and I run a sizeable farm in South Dakota. I guess I enjoy the rush in the spring when the planter hits the field and when the combining starts. Not so much the waiting for rain or sometimes the hired help. This last winter bought a couple of storage units at auction (it was like Christmas opening them up.
        Let me know if you have any of those big, pesky SD whitetails that need hunting by a Virginia quad. Have gun, and bow, will travel.
        "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I really enjoy hanging out with my wife and 15 month old son, chasing him around, giving him rides on my chair, going to motocross/supercross races (what I did before my SCI) as well as watching them on TV. I also like traveling, hanging out with friends, and just LIVING life!

Comment

I like riding in a motor boat or sailboat, especially when the salt spray hits me on a hot day. I also like getting caught in the rain in the summer and taking my shirt off to get a free shower. But I have to be in the manual chair for that. Rain and the power chair don't mix well.

Comment

I love boats too. It's a recent thing for me, maybe the last 6 years or so. Speed boats, pontoon boats, houseboats, kayaks, I love it all. We have our own kayaks, and our neighbors just got a small speed boat this summer. I used to go on an accessible houseboat trip every fall but hubby doesn't like being stuck on a boat with a bunch of people he doesn't know and they sorta priced us out anyway. There is something magical and soothing about being on the water though.
              chair user since 2009 from a neurological disorder

Comment

I knew a guy from one of those houseboat trips who is a quad and he flys drones and does professional video with them. That seems like it could be a lot of fun. He had pretty limited hand function and did it.
                chair user since 2009 from a neurological disorder

Comment

Working...
                X