Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUADS ONLY: What do you enjoy doing or what makes you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spend most of my time on the PC (net and gaming) and watching TV. Not a whole lot of options for someone living on $750/mo. social security and welfare...sure can't afford a $20-30 thousand dollar wheelchair van...that'd make a world of difference to say the least.
    C6/7 Complete

14 years post injury

Comment

Originally posted by Boompow View Post
      Spend most of my time on the PC (net and gaming) and watching TV. Not a whole lot of options for someone living on $750/mo. social security and welfare...sure can't afford a $20-30 thousand dollar wheelchair van...that'd make a world of difference to say the least.
      Do you play wow, if so how?

Comment

I workout while watching Netflix/tv.

Watch the markets as oil price dives and the CAD (loonie) sinks. Lots of fun!

Paint acrylic on canvas when my feet aren't swelling.

Check out the internet to find info and hit up social media.

Read articles I find interesting and educational.

But always looking for new activities with low stress and low cost... because I'm done with blowing money to find out I only want to smash what I've just purchased into millions of pieces.

Comment

live tweeting the markets/sports/TV shows. Getting my drink on to kill time and luckily enough no hangovers. Spending money on things I don't need/will use. Life sucks with no friends.

Comment

As a quad there's not much you can do but I try as much as possible having a normal life
            things that I normally do would be watching Discovery channel and Netflix, spending a lot of time on the iPhone playing Forge of empires Facebook and the CareCure forum, exercising on the static hand bike, shopping and Starbucks in the shopping centre that's just across the street from my apartment...
            but what I enjoy doing is going out, dinners and going for drives with my gf, parks and the beach, seeing friends and family having a drink, and when the weather allows it barbecues ...

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
              Do you play wow, if so how?
              You interested in gaming? There's this video of a quad on YouTube playing on PS3 with special controllers which is really cool
              http://youtu.be/o9zHecG2Xg4

this is where you can get them from: http://www.broadenedhorizons.com/pro...-game-controls

Comment

I'm a C6-7 complete. I've had the good fortune to own and ride UTVs and several sports cars. I competed with the Sports Car Club of America in my Miata for 8 years in solo competition. Even won 6 class championships. I've pulled skiers in powerboats, driven pontoon boats too. Now - I had to have help getting in every boat and UTV. But I was able to get in and out of the cars independently (not counting my chair) until this year's shoulder surgery.

This is not to boast, but to say what is possible with help and determination.
                I still play hard http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/thomson.html

Comment

Lucid dreaming, reading, painting, listening to music, lying to strangers...

Comment

I'm a C5-6, 43 years post and pushing 60. In addition to working PT, I run a non-profit hunting/fishing outdoor opportunity program for people with disabilities here in Virginia. It's my passion and has added tremendous value to my life knowing I am helping so many disabled sportsmen get back outdoors and giving them tons of opportunities.
                    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEye View Post
                      I'm a C5-6, 43 years post and pushing 60. In addition to working PT, I run a non-profit hunting/fishing outdoor opportunity program for people with disabilities here in Virginia. It's my passion and has added tremendous value to my life knowing I am helping so many disabled sportsmen get back outdoors and giving them tons of opportunities.
                      friggin awesome DeadEye, congratulations, does your organization have a website? Fly fished and tied before my injury, did try it once successfully post injury, but never did again, I need to remedy that

Comment

Originally posted by LeeinNC View Post
                        friggin awesome DeadEye, congratulations, does your organization have a website? Fly fished and tied before my injury, did try it once successfully post injury, but never did again, I need to remedy that
                        I run the Virginia Wheelin' Sportsmen program. Our website is: http://www.vanwtf.com/wheelin.aspx

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VaWheelinSportsmen/
                        "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

c5-6 here. 28yrs post. work for bike-on and love handcycling. I train with my wife. nothing better than leaving the chair in the car and going out for a long crank.

last summer on the trail

Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com
                          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                            c5-6 here. 28yrs post. work for bike-on and love handcycling. I train with my wife. nothing better than leaving the chair in the car and going out for a long crank.

last summer on the trail

that's cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz19 View Post
                              Lucid dreaming, reading, painting, listening to music, lying to strangers...
                              Are you a mouth painter or do you use your hands?
                              chair user since 2009 from a neurological disorder

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                                I think you will find that that is not true for many people on these forums. Do you participate in any sports (quad rugby, swimming, sailing, power soccer, etc. etc. etc.). What did you used to do that you can't do now (in a different way)??

(KLD)
                                C3 vented and can't do anything I used to do even allowing for adaptions. Prior to my accident I was a cyclist, worked in bike industry and out almost every day riding, no hand movement now so can't hand cycle. Sailed skiffs and twin trap dinghies so used to having main/kite and planing up wind, keel boat holds little appeal,windsurfed as well, once again loved the speed. Loved cars/motorbikes, had just replaced my Porsche 911 with a new Boxter S and had a Ducati sportbike and BM GSA for touring. I was addicted to speed no matter what the toy. That can't be replaced, nothing I can do gets anywhere near close to the adrenaline rush I'd get. Bought a Molten Rock Boma 7 off road wheelchair last year but we are still struggling with how to steer it, head control bounces too much and is non proportional and chin control end up with controller being shoved into my trache. Have managed a few technical DH trails with it and scared myself and carers with what it is capable of.

Only thing that still gives me a buzz is working. Left my old employer after the accident and now self employed and competing with them. Getting out to mountain biking events or trade shows is always good to catch up with friends in the business.

Comment

Working...
                                X