Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Here Lives in Florida? I'm seriously Thinking of moving from...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crashbang View Post
    This map is pretty much on point. If I could, I'd move closer to a Florida city that has a big university and SCI doctors: Tampa, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Miami.
    Growing older with an SCI in Florida without local SCI doctors is challenging.

I live in Florida and I love this map. It tells you everything

Comment

Originally posted by scimike View Post
      I live in Florida and I love this map. It tells you everything
      Originally posted by Crashbang View Post
      This map is pretty much on point. If I could, I'd move closer to a Florida city that has a big university and SCI doctors: Tampa, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Miami.
      Growing older with an SCI in Florida without local SCI doctors is challenging.

That map makes life in Florida look pretty dismal...add unbearably hot summers and...why does anyone want to move or live there? What are the upsides of living in Florida? Full disclosure, NL's brother and wife live there (raised a family there), and we can't understand why they stay. Fuller disclosure, NL and I grew up in Phoenix, AZ and still have family there, and yet AZ has absolutely no appeal to us.

NL and I have spent many hours on Sunday afternoons over a glass of wine, wondering where else we would want to try to live. Tough question! Is there an ideal place? We haven't found one. And while we are comfortable and established with friends, community and good medical care, the San Francisco Bay Area is not ideal.
      Last edited by gjnl; 02-26-2018, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
        That map makes life in Florida look pretty dismal...add unbearably hot summers and...why does anyone want to move or live there? What are the upsides of living in Florida? Full disclosure, NL's brother and wife live there (raised a family there), and we can't understand why they stay. Fuller disclosure, NL and I grew up in Phoenix, AZ and still have family there, and yet AZ has absolutely no appeal to us.

NL and I have spent many hours on Sunday afternoons over a glass of wine, wondering where else we would want to try to live. Tough question! Is there an ideal place? We haven't found one. And while we are comfortable and established with friends, community and good medical care, the San Francisco Bay Area is not ideal.
        You would probably appreciate this similar one for California!!!

(KLD)
        Attached Files
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

This thread got my interest going. Gotta like the automatic slab and masonry construction. Anyone got names of new construction builders to recommend that are easy to deal with when wanting things like flush threshold doors and custom design so the bathroom isn't a closet? Also, which parts of FL are least prone to sinkholes?

Comment

I just made an offer on the house in Orlando. The offer got accepted, our closing is going to be in April. Excited.
            C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Originally posted by Mac85 View Post
              I just made an offer on the house in Orlando. The offer got accepted, our closing is going to be in April. Excited.
              Congratulations! Hope all goes well in the home inspection and closing.

Cheers!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Well done!
                  Enjoy your new home.

Comment

Thanks guys! Moving from 1080 sq ft home 3 beds 2 baths to a 2400 sq ft... with a pool and 4 bed 2 bath 3 car garage and palm trees in front

Comment

Congratulations! Not trying to pry into your personal finances - but can you give an idea of the sort of price range that a house of that general size goes for in that area?

Comment

Originally posted by Mac85 View Post
                        Thanks guys! Moving from 1080 sq ft home 3 beds 2 baths to a 2400 sq ft... with a pool and 4 bed 2 bath 3 car garage and palm trees in front
                        Congrats, you won’t be missing the northern winters.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                          Congratulations! Not trying to pry into your personal finances - but can you give an idea of the sort of price range that a house of that general size goes for in that area?
                          +/- 350K, buying it as an investment property. That's one single studio apartment in New York

Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by ChesBay View Post
                            Congrats, you won?t be missing the northern winters.
                            I won't be missing the winters but will have to deal with hurricanes

Comment

Ok, I'll really pry...link the realtor.com page! I'm real curious

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                                Ok, I'll really pry...link the realtor.com page! I'm real curious
                                Ha ha, Andy - so you guys can know my address and send me gifts? No way

Comment

Working...
                                X