No announcement yet.

I made it...the BIG 6-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ala, yes, as you explain it, the spinal cord injury sucks so much, I cannot even put it into words. When/if you sat down and really look at all of the things, even the tiniest, miniscule, things you no longer can do, at least for me, is so frustrating, I cannot explain it. All I can say is at least my dog gives me something to look at that does make me happy. I know when I was a child I used to think I would have NO problem living to be 100 years old. Not sure what made me think that but I always thought that. I thought I was so healthy.

Comment

I celebrate your survival, and I try my best to emulate you courage! I just passed 28 and it is sometimes hard to keep on trucking. But your success as a survivor keeps me chugging on! Thank you Sir!

Comment

Hell of a job surviving and accomplishing all you've done. Not bad for a kid from the big woods of the Allegheny Plateau in PA.
        Good luck, Bob.
        C 5/6 Comp.
        No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Raising a glass tonight in your honor Sir.

Comment

Great job Bob! Your ability to still savor life after all these years is amazing. Congrats, hope it's been a great day with still more to come.

Comment

You Sir are the Yoda of this community!

Click image for larger version

Name:	yoda.gif
Views:	1
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	2658223
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
              --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
              ––Paul Nussbaum
              usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratulations on making a great life.
                TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Comment

Congrats on your survival! I know we hate this word, but you sir are an inspiration!
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

You have lived an amazing life! I applaud all your accomplishments. Thanks for sharing your story. I had one of my son's home brew in your honor. You are one tough old bird! Congratulations on your survival and on a life well lived in full measure.

Comment

A great life, and a terrific story, movingly told. I'm toasting you with my bedtime glass of tonic water.

Comment

Congratulations! Your positive attitude and practical experience has been so helpful. thank you for helping to pave the way. I'm so glad you had the support of your family and your wife. And I'm wondering how your mother healed your bedsores(stage 4's!!!!) in 1954, seriously?!? Debra

Comment

Thank you for sharing your story and your reflection.

Comment

Amazing...that is what you are!

Comment

congratulatlations seems trivial, but i will tip a fine scotch to you tonight.

ket

Comment

Thank you for sharing your story even though it got me tearful! No, not pity, but recognition of the unbelievable strength you showed throughout.

Comment

Working...
                                X