It has been a long time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been a long time...

So, I have been away from Care Cure for a very long time. I have life long friends here, and I always knew when I was able and ready to come back I would. Life is amazing. I have done a lot of things over these past years. The crowning achievements are not even mine. The children grew up. They do that, and my nest is empty. I have missed reading these forums, and happy to be back! Many are new to me here, and it is nice to be here again. I look forward to jumping into your conversations about life.

Mary aka 1 Fine Spine RN
    1FineSpineRN

It is lovely to see you here, Mary! I've always enjoyed and learned so much from your posts and am glad you're back.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Welcome back, Mary. Stick around!!

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Welcome back mary!
        T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Comment

Back!

All the best,
          GJ

Comment

Glad to see you are back Mary your help along with being a great friend during my first year of SCI was invaluable

Comment

Good to see you kickn around the site again, Mary!

Comment

Hi Mary, I'm new since you left the forum. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Empty nests are bitter sweet milestones. Mine have been gone for a long time and now I'm watching my older son learning to adjust to his first child leaving. This site was an important part of my early healing and continues to support me. I'm grateful to all those who take the time to help all the new SCI's as they struggle with the realities of their new lives. That's my long winded howdy to you.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words, all of you. I am trying to read and catch up with everyone. Many years ago my world exploded and I think it was the people here who kept me going when times were very very dark. I have lost many friends since the beginning. Still so many are here. Still with no acceptable therapy, however perhaps closer than before. In my mind it is a good work to find my way into again.
                  1FineSpineRN

Comment

good to see your still doing your thing and happy. -John
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

hey mary...still up for that trip to ireland? i'm not too much pain. anyway, i'm not here much. pm me e and i'll write!

Comment

The Orioles didn't make it.
                        Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

I know Alan, they were angry because in 11 years you can never manage to take me to a ballgame. Le sigh.....
                          1FineSpineRN

Comment

Hi, Mary. Good to see you. Let me know when you need more suggestions for you license plate! LOL

Comment

Choosing my license plate was fun! That was forever ago. I think that car got totaled in the end...CURE SCI was my favorite though...now I just have some random low budget numbers..haha.
                              1FineSpineRN

Comment

Working...
                              X