45th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45th Anniversary

My lovely lady and I are celebrating our 45th anniversary and almost simultaneously, 32 years since my c 6/7 complete injury.

NL is a rock and has been my sole caregiver in all of these intervening 32 years.

Not sure where the road will take us and we undoubtedly will need to make adjustments along the way.

But, damn, with this woman by my side, it has been one hell of a ride!!!

All the best,
    GJ

That's awesome! Congratulations. We just celebrated 28 years together, and it will be 29 years next month for My
    husband's injury.

Comment

Congrats! It is really something now days to have a marriage that lasts that long. My grandparents had 56 years, and my parents 58.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
        Congrats! It is really something now days to have a marriage that lasts that long. My grandparents had 56 years, and my parents 58.

(KLD)
        It sure is! My folks made it to 55 before Mom died. We're at 28 and I just passed my 22nd disasterversary the 25th. Congrats and I'd say you have a real gem there not a rock.
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

My heartiest happy anniversary wishes for you and NL, GJ!
          MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

June 8 will be our 46th, and I was injured 31 years ago. My wife endured a lot in those years, but she's still here. Deeper love for her everyday.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations! It great to have a rock to lean on. I would not be around today if I did not have one.
                You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Congratulations from here as well.
                  Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Comment

Happy anni to you both!!!

Comment

Many congratulations to you both!

Comment

Congratulations to you both. A good marriage certainly makes life more rewarding, we're heading for 48 in November - and all our friends said it wouldn't last...
                        Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                        T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

Congrats and God Bless both of you. I am C4-C5 complete 34 years now and have been married to my wonderful wife for 24 years. I feel the same as you keep up the romance and everything else your doing, it can and does work out.
                          ^^(A)^^

Comment

Great congrats. I guess it really helps out having somebody who is a good person by your side. I just hit 33 years post SCI May 9th. It was 1981 I ran my Honda CBX off the road.
                            "Life is about how you
                            respond to not only the
                            challenges you're dealt but
                            the challenges you seek...If
                            you have no goals, no
                            mountains to climb, your
                            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

I'm late to the party, but my congratulations are just as sincere. Having a special person around for over 40 years is definitely a blessing.
                              I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Working...
                              X