No announcement yet.

So I did some stand-up comedy.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to you all for the generous comments..!! I am humbled...

I lost much sleep in the build up, but so glad now that I did it. If anyone is ever tempted I strongly recommend it. My only piece of advice would be to PRACTICE.

Some people worry that practice will make the routine seem too wooden and rehearsed - not spontaneous. But in reality it is the opposite - you know your material soooo well that you can actually riff off script with confidence. And once you get the first couple of laughs, that confidence just carries you through.....

Anyway, that is my 2 cents...no plans to do it again tho, quit while I'm ahead and all that
    Last edited by MarkB701; 05-01-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Makes me proud to be British!

Bloody well done Mark!

Comment

Did you get a sitting ovation? I'll watch the video later because i'm at work.
        Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Well done! A+
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
          --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
          ––Paul Nussbaum
          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

That was great. I'm always joking around with people. I had these two middle-aged ladies at the doctors office ready to pee their pants. They said I was hilarious. I can find a dirty pun and almost anything said. My nurse who changes my catheter said I should be a stand up comedian. I just looked at her funny
            C-5/6, 7-9-2000
            Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

i have been gone a long time but whatever happened to ?? in new jersey who also tried some stand up comedy. his name is on the tip of my tongue, but its stuck there
              cauda equina

Comment

Awesome!
                Rick Goldstein
                GO! Mobility Solutions
                facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

Metro, NoDecafPlz ... Joe ... I think he lives in Ohio now. Not sure if he did it again?
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Working...
                  X