No announcement yet.

My van was broken into.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call - it might mean another charge? Perhaps they could recover some items as well.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
      Call - it might mean another charge? Perhaps they could recover some items as well.
      I would love it if whoever it was got additional charges. I've been told that some items were returned to other people. I doubt I will ever get any of my money back. I'm not even sure how much was taken. It wasn't a whole lot, so I'm not worried about that. I just don't like the idea that someone has been/is lurking about near the apartments here. It is a very comfortable feeling. Its better now, because I don't think about it as much. I'm glad they caught some of the people responsible.

Comment

That's pathetic though, they immediately released them on a $5,000.00 Surety bond. That's like a small slap on the wrist. They shoulda thrown them in the Slammer for at least a month or two and forced hard labor on them like picking up trash alongside the highways. Things are way to liberal lately.
        "Life is about how you
        respond to not only the
        challenges you're dealt but
        the challenges you seek...If
        you have no goals, no
        mountains to climb, your
        soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
          That's pathetic though, they immediately released them on a $5,000.00 Surety bond. That's like a small slap on the wrist. They shoulda thrown them in the Slammer for at least a month or two and forced hard labor on them like picking up trash alongside the highways. Things are way to liberal lately.
          Yeah, I miss the good old days when they still had road gangs with black and white striped uniforms...
          Don - Grad Student Emeritus
          T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarcube View Post
            This looks interesting. I like how it has two way audio. If I see someone in the live video, I can say something like ?Hey get away from my van.? through the speaker and be perfectly safe inside my apartment. LOL I would love to see the expression on the robber?s face when that happens. Seriously, I wonder if the video would be clear enough to actually identify the person.
            I have a mini security camera to keep an eye on who is at my front door. It's tiny so nobody knows it's there but it has an amazingly clear picture despite it's small size. I hooked it up to a Tivo for recording. It works great.

Oh I see your point about the windows. I never looked at it that way before. I think my van is pretty cool, but you are right some young teenager might not think so. That makes me feel a little better about it. Thanks. I am definitely going to try the paper idea. That is brilliant. 
            Most of these losers won't even bother to check if it's unlocked, they'll break the window and THEN figure out it wasn't locked.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
              I agree. They were charged with five felony counts each. Most likely, almost all of those charges will get “thrown out.” There will probably be no jail time at all, just a suspended sentence and maybe some fines. They will be back to their old habits in no time.

The sad thing is I know that one of these girls has a young toddler. He will probably grow up to follow in her footsteps, with a lifetime of petty theft and drug addiction. The odds are against him, regardless of his true potential. That should be a punishable crime as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tumbleweeds View Post

Most of these losers won't even bother to check if it's unlocked, they'll break the window and THEN figure out it wasn't locked.
                I am "hoping" that because my van is parked so close to the building that they won't break the windows for fear of it being heard by one of the tenants here. You're right though they may not be smart enough to figure that out. I may be doomed. lol

I still haven't decided about the camera yet.

Comment

Thought of you today. I don't lock my doors, ever. I went to wally world and left the windows rolled down too. I heard the rain on the tin roof of the building. OH OH. Interior should dry out in a couple months!

Comment

OH no! Sorry that happened to you. We have lots of rain headed our way for the next few days. I hope I remember to keep mine closed. I have to admit that has happened to me once or twice. I had to sit on a garbage bag once, because it didn't dry quick enough and I had an appointment I couldn't miss. I told myself that I would never make that mistake again....but I did. lol I hope your van dries out quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X