The Hip Crip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hip Crip

Hi Everyone. It's been a long time since I've been here, but I received some news in January about Penny, aka The Hip Crip. Her husband wrote to me and told me she had passed away on July 15th, 2013. She was pronounced dead after a blood clot in her lungs had broken free and traveled to her brain. He said it was painless and quick.

I know at one time she had many friends here at ccc. I sent her postcards on a regular basis, but they had no return address on them, so it wasn't until I sent her a Christmas card that he was able to write to me and tell me what had happened.

So full of life and promise, unreal.

Comment

That is tough to take news. She has done so much to improve our lives. I am at a loss for words.
      You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
      http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
      http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

So very sad.

Comment

I was shocked when I found out. We spoke, infrequently, and I had sent her some art. We spoke before she had her IT pump replaced and she was a bit nervous, did have issues, actually a lot. We spoke again and I posted she had turned the corner and she asked I send her "hello hope to be back soon". then the too scary silence and her phone wasn't picked up. Penny helped me a lot when I struggled, I miss her.

Comment

This sucks.
            Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

She was a font of knowledge. She was levelheaded. She will be missed.
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
              --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
              ––Paul Nussbaum
              usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you for letting us know. She was very knowledgeable & eager to help us all. A sweet lady. I hate to hear this. My prayers go out to her family & friends.
                sigpic

Comment

I was truly sorry to hear this. Penny was always gracious and helpful. Condolences to her husband and family.

Comment

Very sad to hear of her passing.

All the best,
                    GJ

Comment

Oh, I hate this. Thank you for letting us know.
                      MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Damn.....she was always an interesting read. Sorry to hear she up and went....

Comment

smokymtn

thanks for the information on HipCrip. We all admired her and will miss her input. Her husband seems to have been a marvel of support. Hats off to him.

Comment

I am so sad that Penny has left this earth. She was such a great person. My condolences to her 'hipcrip hubby'. She was very smart, sharp, and I considered her a good friend. I will miss you hipcrip...

Comment

I received an email from Penny's husband yesterday, it's been about a month since I wrote to him and wasn't sure I would hear back. I will let him know how much her friends will miss her, and pass on the condolences sent. I'll also let him know he can see them if he wants to go to ccc.

It makes me sad that we will no longer see the Hip Crip here.

Comment

Working...
                              X