Well Done On The New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Done On The New Website

This update was well overdue, and is looking great!

Well done to all involved, good job!

Simon

Yep, I like it too! I am assuming that there are some tweaks that need to be made, like the avatars showing up. I really like having the Editing tools all right here at my fingertips. Kudos to Stephen Edwards & company...
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

Yes, the new site looks great. Waiting to see the Care Cure Community Masthead.

All the best,
      GJ

Comment

Unfortunately, the Mobile interface takes a minute to open a thread and I can not get to the most recent posts, if there are more than one page. The screen just blinks and goes back to the forum list. I'm in web development and understand how things work. Also have good service and smartphone. Since I'm rarely on the laptop, I won't be able to visit very often but will check in to see how things look from there. Will also look for things to get ironed out on the mobile side. It's a monstrous job to overhaul a website and I appreciate the effort.

Comment

Works OK for me, using an iPhone and Safari. Quite a different process to navigate around but it does work.
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

i thought the old web- site was ok
            AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Comment

Trying to think of something to post that is really controversial (I usually don't have to work at thinking about something, I just bumble into it), just to see if we can rally some interest here. Where is everybody?

All the best,
              GJ

Comment

Originally posted by skeaman
                i thought the old web- site was ok
                I agree, other than the spam issue the old site was wonderful, this seems a pale imitation.

Comment

Don't like it!!!!!

Comment

I would have hoped this site meant more to people living with SCI than what it looked like. I didn't find this place searching for an aesthetic. I didn't stay because it felt "homey" or "inviting". This site is an unparalleled resource, and treasure trove of information, for people living with, and those affected by, spinal cord injury. Be it in whatever form, that hasn't changed. The upgrade will shake out, the bugs will be fixed, and the site will be better for it. This is progress. One step at a time. With as much as some people pour into making this site happen, in time, effort, and money vs those who simply take from it, I just don't understand all the negativity. It's down right disrespectful of those who have, and are, meaningfully contributing.
                    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I like it but change takes some getting used to. When the iPhone updated many people didn't like it and whenever Facebook changes many don't like it either. Almost always seem to hear more from those that don't like changes than from people that do. Thanks to all that worked on this website!

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity
                        I would have hoped this site meant more to people living with SCI than what it looked like. I didn't find this place searching for an aesthetic. I didn't stay because it felt "homey" or "inviting". This site is an unparalleled resource, and treasure trove of information, for people living with, and those affected by, spinal cord injury. Be it in whatever form, that hasn't changed. The upgrade will shake out, the bugs will be fixed, and the site will be better for it. This is progress. One step at a time. With as much as some people pour into making this site happen, in time, effort, and money vs those who simply take from it, I just don't understand all the negativity. It's down right disrespectful of those who have, and are, meaningfully contributing.
                        People don't like this new site because the old site was home for them. This new site has no personality or soul. It is just a plain hard to navigate, impossibly restrictive and BORING format. It is just not appealing. You say it is a treasure trove of information and it WAS. Now it is just a hard, cold, ugly unwelcoming website. Sorry to those who put so much work into the new site, but it sucks.

It's like being served liver that you hate and then being told to enjoy it and eat it because your mom went to all the trouble to fix it for you.
                        Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

I must have missed something on the old website. I don't remember it being warm, soft, or pretty; as a matter of fact, after a week of cruising the new site, I can't even remember anything about how the old site looked except the CareCure logo. I'm really happy with the new site, and will be even happier when the bugs are worked out. I do miss the avatars, tho...
                          Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                          T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

Well, suffice it to say, since all the same information is still here, I couldn't disagree with you more. The old site was a stock vBulletin format with just a logo on top, too. It's nothing like liver, to me. It's like dumping an old friend after they got an SCI because, even though they are the same person on the inside, their new shell is just too hard for you to deal with, without giving them, or yourself, the time to adjust.

Comment

If it stops the ever-present spam, I'll love it! It was time for change.
                              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Working...
                              X