Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do auto repair shops try and screw the disabled? You betcha'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bob clark View Post
    Hi Wheelieboy,

I've been seeing commercials on TV about a product called AC Pro. The whole kit, including the refrigerant, only costs about $35 and is easy to do. If you have a friend who can hammer a nail or turn a wrench they can do it for you.

Here's the website with complete video instructions. It's what I would do instead of having some jerk of a "mechanic" under the hood of my car with either ineptness as their trademark or money-grubbin' sabotage in their mind.

http://acprocold.com/

It's sold online and at many of the common brick and mortar stores... Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Pep Boys, etc.

Good luck,

Bob.
    Thanks Bob and at least now I know something else. My AC hasn't had a problem in 8 years, but I figured I'd "freshen" it up this past weekend. I surely learned my lesson from this and will definitely "do it in the driveway" moving forward. I wonder how many people have gotten taken by these guys running that same scam over time? Probably quite a few.

Comment

I wouldn't blame the treatment you got at this Midas Muffler shop on your disability/using a wheelchair. Scams are scams and anyone is fair game.

That said, if I were you, I would post your experience on Yelp, Angie's List, any local "experience" website in your area, Better Business Bureau, Diamond Certified, your local city business license office, Auto Clubs, etc. Personally, I think your experience, with out calling on the disability card, would be useful to others.

All the best,
      GJ

Comment

I've got one I trust. I've been screwed over many times over the years though!

Almost was in a car fire as someone left a garage cloth under the hood of my car ... a shining sea of firemen on a red truck with white teeth and bulging tan muscles showed up to save the day! (I should do that more often ... lol).
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Working...
        X