Doing 40 to life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing 40 to life.

Or so it seems some days. I've celebrating my 41st anniversary today. In 1972 the doctor told me I'd live to 40 so I guess I'm living on borrowed time. Whatever the situation, I'm sure glad to still be here with you all.

Knock one back in my honor tonight.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Congratulations, DeadEye!
    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Will do DE, congrats. You do it well buddy, this thing called life.
      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Congratulations. I like the way you live it. By they way, had a friend who outlived most of her doctors.

Comment

Well played Deadeye! You are an inspiration! I enjoy your hunting posts.
          I just hit 33 on Friday.

Comment

You're looking bloody good for a corpse Robin!

I'll raise a glass to many more years of huntin', shootin' and fishin'!

Comment

Congratulations! You have got staying power. I have been glad to observe that you are doing some living during the years you have made it. Keep on roll'n.
              You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
              http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
              http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Hey thanks for sticking around for so long, an showing us more recently injured folks that it can be a long and interesting life after all.
                T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

You're one good dude.

Comment

Will do budz! Congratulations and stay solid.

Comment

You're one of the good ones Deadeye! Stay well!

Comment

Congratulations and thanks for showing it's possible to survive and thrive after SCI.

Comment

One Fat Squirrel coming up! Keep your head down near those newbies.
                          Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Watch your topknot, enjoy the next 25!
                            C 5/6 Comp.
                            No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Congratulations, Deadeye. I respect anyone who can pull off that amount of time in a chair and still live life to the fullest. Hell, just maintaining a sense of humor and not becoming a miserable prick is an accomplishment in my book. SCI life isn't for wimps.

Comment

Working...
                              X