Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AB's using handicapped stalls

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's bullshit, because almost all parking lots are on "private" property, and the laws are enforceable by the police in that town, county, etc.

    Handicapped parking spots are mandated by law in parking lots open to the public, and cops saying they can't enforce it is bullshit.
    I agree, what the cops said is not right. I'd get in touch with a federal ADA official and make trouble for the cops if they told me that.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

    Comment


      Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      I'm pretty sure that's bullshit, because almost all parking lots are on "private" property, and the laws are enforceable by the police in that town, county, etc.

      Handicapped parking spots are mandated by law in parking lots open to the public, and cops saying they can't enforce it is bullshit.
      It did not stop them from giving me a ticket at Home Depot in Ca a few years ago when I forgot to hang the placard.
      I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

      Comment


        Originally posted by elarson View Post
        Would this maybe be a good sign to have on the inside of HC stalls?
        Oh yes! that sign is perfect, not sure about the frown face, but the message needs to get out.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

        Comment


          How about this one? The text is that used in buses for "Priority Seating".
          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

          Comment


            This thread just might out do the Ryan B thread.

            Comment


              Originally posted by elarson View Post
              How about this one? The text is that used in buses for "Priority Seating".
              I dunno, everyone vacates the stall, eventually. I don't want someone in the middle of dropping a deuce to vacate anything. Finish, please! And don't leave a mess. Works for bus seats, though, I'm sure.
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

              "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

              Comment


                Originally posted by Patton57 View Post
                This thread just might out do the Ryan B thread.
                An Admission of guilt to reading that mess? LOL
                T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

                My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

                Comment


                  Ok one more, one more. This thread is so damn addicting to vent on. I'm currently traveling and stopped to use the restroom. Someone was in the stall, no problem. Didn't take them long. When I came out to wash my hands I couldn't reach the soap dispenser. It's was super high. I wonder if they move it up that high to keep kids from wasting it or something.
                  DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Patton57 View Post
                    This thread just might out do the Ryan B thread.
                    Funny you should mention that, when I encounter people in the handicapped stall I simply use quantum tunneling to enter the stall and the pauli exclusion principle states that no two objects can be in the same place at the same time so that displaces the AB into another stall. I then use cold fusion to crap out gold bricks.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                      Funny you should mention that, when I encounter people in the handicapped stall I simply use quantum tunneling to enter the stall and the pauli exclusion principle states that no two objects can be in the same place at the same time so that displaces the AB into another stall. I then use cold fusion to crap out gold bricks.
                      LOL! Gave me my best laugh of the day . And don't forget to take Schrödinger's cat in the stall with you.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by elarson View Post
                        How about this one? The text is that used in buses for "Priority Seating".
                        No, it's not friendly like the first one. Speaking of which a smiley face on it would have been better.
                        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by chris-k View Post
                          LOL! Gave me my best laugh of the day . And don't forget to take Schrödinger's cat in the stall with you.
                          HA! Either you and T8 know what you're talking about, or you watch Big Bang Theory.

                          BAZINGA!

                          I watch it.
                          Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

                          Comment


                            I had an interesting observation today. My best friend, and I went out to lunch at the new Panda Express restaurant that was just built in our town. I went in to use the restroom, and there were only two stalls in there. One was the wheelchair-accessible stall that was the standard size wide enough for a three-wheeled/four wheeled scooter to fit through. The other stall was a bit bigger than a standard stall. But, it almost looked like it could be used as a wheelchair-accessible stall too if the grab bars had been added on. I was impressed as I'd never seen a stall like that. The Panda Express is a small restaurant. But, I was surprised that they had to put in just two big stalls. Maybe that's just standard for a small restaurant.

                            I've eaten in Taco Bell in town a few times, and the womens' restroom is one big room. It used to have a regular stall, and the wheelchair-accessible stall. But, after the restaurant had been remodeled recently. They just turned it into one big private restroom.
                            Samantha

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Crappler View Post
                              HA! Either you and T8 know what you're talking about, or you watch Big Bang Theory.
                              Meow...TV or not TV, that is the question...

                              Comment


                                Be glad you even have handicap stalls....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X