No announcement yet.

AB's using handicapped stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were recently at the Rolling Stones concert at Petco Park in San Diego. The wheelchair stalls are clearly marked with a sign that states something like: wheelchair users only, or reserved for handicapped. Well, my son went to use the men's room and there was an Ab person in the stall. The men's room was packed and some guy started yelling at the person in the handicapped stall telling him to get out! it was great! In the women's restroom there was a line and no one was using the handicapped stall! I hope in time, most people will come to respect the needs of the disabled. However, there will always be assholes!

Comment

It would be nice if they would make more than one stall for the handicapped users! Even if a few just had the bars, it would help. On a bad day I'm in a wheel chair, but on a good day, I might have my walker and not really need the larger stall, but still have to have the bars. I'm sure there are many other users that could get by in the smaller stalls if they just had the bars.

Comment

This seems to happen every time I fly and want to empty before boarding.
        I roll so my feet go under the door and ask the occupant how long they'll be. Usually I get cooperation. The one time I didn't I started an increasingly loud one sided dialogue that everyone in the room appreciated, ending with something like "you'd better be crippled when you come out of there motherfucker, or I'll put my castor up your ass!" I think the guy may still be hiding. Ever empty a leg bag into a urinal? Not pretty!
        69yo male T12 complete since 1995
        NW NJ

Comment

Constipated people always roost in the largest stall they can find. And a good percentage of the time they can't even bother themselves with flushing.

Comment

Last week, at an IHOP near Purdue University:

http://wlfi.com/2015/07/13/lafayette...space-at-ihop/

http://imgur.com/KPUQt9r

So my question is: Does there have to be a wheelchair sign on a pole in addition to the very obvious painting on the asphalt?

Comment

Originally posted by 2drwhofans View Post
              So my question is: Does there have to be a wheelchair sign on a pole in addition to the very obvious painting on the asphalt?
              Hell no! Why didn't they immediately charge their officer with parking in a handicapped spot and obligate him to fully pay the penalty??
              The Chief says "he made a mistake, didn't notice that it was a handicapped spot". Next time I'm stopped speeding, I'll try that excuse and see how it works.
              Last edited by pfcs49; 18 Jul 2015, 5:21 PM.
              NW NJ

Comment

Oh, now I see the spin... In the news channel story, the Chief of Police said that there was an absence of signage ( the pole and the metal plaque ) and, for that reason, no one could have been ticketed for parking there. Like the officer didn't know that before he pulled in.

Looks like IHOP was out of compliance:

http://www.myparkingsign.com/blog/si...abled-parking/

Comment

I fly a lot, and whilst I don't use a leg bag I do intermittent cath. If someone is in the HC stall I just go to a urinal, whip out my junk, hit it with the germ-x wipe and drain away. People fricking think those stalls are dressing rooms.

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                  This seems to happen every time I fly and want to empty before boarding.
                  I roll so my feet go under the door and ask the occupant how long they'll be. Usually I get cooperation. The one time I didn't I started an increasingly loud one sided dialogue that everyone in the room appreciated, ending with something like "you'd better be crippled when you come out of there motherfucker, or I'll put my castor up your ass!" I think the guy may still be hiding. Ever empty a leg bag into a urinal? Not pretty!

Comment

No problem, he pays the fine like everyone else and has learned a good lesson.

Who knows what he went thru just before stopping. The horrific stuff they see and experience would make anyone distracted. Next time he'll know.

Comment

[QUOTE=Patrick Madsen;1773113]No problem, he pays the fine like everyone else and has learned a good lesson.

There was no fine. He only learned a lesson because another customer called him in to his own Police Department and the story made US and UK news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...S-parking.html

Who knows what he went thru just before stopping. The horrific stuff they see and experience would make anyone distracted. Next time he'll know.[/QUOTE

The fine for parking in a disabled spot without a permit in Indiana is $200. An officer would know this and also know what a "legal" disabled parking spot looks like. He got called out.

Comment

Originally posted by 2drwhofans View Post

http://wlfi.com/2015/07/13/lafayette...space-at-ihop/

http://imgur.com/KPUQt9r

Yes there has to be a sign. To my knowledge if there is no sign then no one parking there can be ticketed. No sign no ticket as far as the law goes

Comment

How about this?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...7024050191.jpg

Now I know why I couldn't get tickets to the ESPYs....haha. Seriously, what is the disability here?

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                            I fly a lot, and whilst I don't use a leg bag I do intermittent cath. If someone is in the HC stall I just go to a urinal, whip out my junk, hit it with the germ-x wipe and drain away. People fricking think those stalls are dressing rooms.
                            Don't try this at home!
                            Get you limp ankle to stay hooked on the front of a urinal while unscrewing and pulling the drain tube close enough to darwin into urinal.
                            Almost impossible.

EDIT: I always think of this, but now I'll really do it! Carry a catheter extension hose so I can empty into urinals and take a squirt from the car!
                            Last edited by pfcs49; 21 Jul 2015, 12:23 PM.
                            NW NJ

Comment

Yeah, like I said I intermittent cath so don't know the mechanics of a leg bag. I do use a 18 inch clear plastic tube attached to the end of the cath to drain into the urinal.

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                              Don't try this at home!
                              Get you limp ankle to stay hooked on the front of a urinal while unscrewing and pulling the drain tube close enough to darwin into urinal.
                              Almost impossible.

EDIT: I always think of this, but now I'll really do it! Carry a catheter extension hose so I can empty into urinals and take a squirt from the car!

Comment

My leg bags use a short length of surgical tubing on the drain valve-hangs down to the pant cuff. Imagine getting IT and your foot in a urinal!
                                A cath extension plugged into it would give me a lot of flexibility of where to shoot urine. I can think of a few pretty funny places to dump it-funny to me, not the dumpee.
                                I cathed for years before getting the supra pubic-a good move! The leg bag holds 35oz in a pinch!
                                NW NJ

Comment

Working...
                                X