iowa cheerleader paralyzed in mva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side effects

We ran into some digestive problems shortly after starting on the pill form Bowel accidents we had never had before. You May get an anti nausea pill too. Start slowwly and listen to your body.

Comment

I heard the pill did not produce a 'high' like ingesting the plant because some of the psychoactive elements, yes there are more than just THC in the marijuana plant, have been removed.

Tried 2 drops of a medical MJ tincture last year. It was made for the physical effect which i felt for a while but my brain kicked in saying 'hey where is the high?' and i realized i did not want to go down that road each time i took the medication.

Medical marijuana is just another option for people with severe SCI pain. I have some SCI pain but I know people that have much worse pain than I do, I can see it on their face so I do what I can to cope and watch what I eat and my stress level and take time out when I have to.

Yes the pain sometimes takes my breath away and I get angry or hunch over and people go 'are you alright?' but this life is short and I often look at life as if from my death bed and ask myself how I would feel then about how I am living my life today.
      Last edited by ZenBiker; 04-26-2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Mackenzie Gordon swerved to avoid hitting a deer
        That's how mine happened too. Damn deer.

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark View Post
          Hi Cass,

I can't smoke or eat pot either. Especially eat it... I get way too high for way too long. I get paranoid on it. I've taken just two hits (it was the real good stuff I used to grow in my 4x6 closet!) and been frozen at this keyboard for about two hours before I could muster up enough lucidity to make it into my bed without falling. Then get the covers over my head and worry about everything under the sun or moon. And I only smoked it after getting drunk... I would never smoke the stuff straight... it would be much worse. Maybe the weaker pot wouldn't be too bad but I think there are 2 kinds of people... or types of brains. Those who can smoke pot and relax with it and those like me who go bonkers on it. There's no choice in the matter. You can either handle pot or not. Now I rhyme all the time, see what I mean, isn't it keen...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Bob.
          Worst thing ever-especially for a novice-is to smoke while drunk. Seasoned professionals can barely swing it.
          An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

I'm puzzled by this statement. Conservative backward thinking?? How so? I am absolutely happy as hell I live in Iowa with a spinal cord injury. Friendliest people in the world live here and hardly any crime and some of the best schools in the nation. My kids can play outside with no worries all day long and its very accessible. They don't seem so backward thinking at the U or I when go up there for some therapy. Very progressive!!

Originally posted by Patton57 View Post
            Okay, I rolled into that one. I was slamming Iowa for its conservative almost backward way of thinking about many things. In particular, I was attacking the idea that if you just believe, have enough faith and try hard enough you can beat a sci.

I apologize for my skimming the article and not discerning all that I should have. Sincerely

Comment

Originally posted by hv1987 View Post
              I'm puzzled by this statement. Conservative backward thinking?? How so? I am absolutely happy as hell I live in Iowa with a spinal cord injury. Friendliest people in the world live here and hardly any crime and some of the best schools in the nation. My kids can play outside with no worries all day long and its very accessible. They don't seem so backward thinking at the U or I when go up there for some therapy. Very progressive!!
              Yes, there are many good things in and about IA. I was on an undesirable job assignment and just wasn't happy to be there. The people were very nice too. Sorry to offend you

Comment

Originally posted by feisty View Post
                Worst thing ever-especially for a novice-is to smoke while drunk. Seasoned professionals can barely swing it.
                yes feisty and some of us professionals who smoked pot to clear our minds while racing motorcycles end up in wheelchair!

Comment

Marinol did nothing for my pains. I don't recall it causing any problems side effect-wise.
                  Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Originally posted by cass View Post
                    my doc said the pill form doesn't get one high. is this not correct?
                    So he's tried it?
                    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Originally posted by ZenBiker View Post
                      yes feisty and some of us professionals who smoked pot to clear our minds while racing motorcycles end up in wheelchair!
                      Never said anything about doing either before getting behind the wheel. A novice pot smoker shouldn't toke after drinking... it usually makes them sick. Sorry if that's how you got hurt but don't put words in my mouth.
                      An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Working...
                      X