No announcement yet.

Boston Bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'How to' on building pressure cooker bombs was published by Lyle Stewart in 1971 in The Anarchist Cookbook, right here in the good old of USA. Freedom of speech and the press strikes again.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I was in Boston----it was unreal.
      Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

my daughter was tending bar a few hundred yards from the first blast. It's the biggest day of the year for her and her employer. There was some tense hours before I heard she was okay. She helped clearing tables out of the streets so that ambulances could get in and passed out bar towels to bloody people.

I know others that were at the race and was struck by the diabolical brilliance of bombing an event that is so carefully timed and has such a huge number of participants and supporters that could have been affected by the explosions. Everyone will have a story as to how close they came to being near the bomb. In fact they will probably be able to cite minutes and seconds. Maximum terror

Comment

Lots happened overnight ... been watching CNN for the past hour and half.

Brothers originally from Chechnya ... Shoot-out at MIT with security officer down, police officer injured and in surgery. Older suspect gets run down by his younger brother during a car-hijacking and the one left behind is found with more explosives and dies later at hospital.

Now, Waterdown Mass is under lock-down as the younger brother is on the loose.

Apparently there was a FB post on how one didn't have any Americam friends and he just didn't understand them.

Think I'm caught up. That's a 2-parter TV movie (terrible joke). Hope they catch the suspect ... for justice and answers.
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Yep.

The night of chaos began just hours after law enforcement released images Thursday afternoon of two suspects in the bombings at the Boston Marathon finish line Monday afternoon that left three people dead and more than 170 wounded.

The suspect is Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, a government official told the Globe. The Associated Press reported this morning that the suspects came from the Russian region near Chechnya, which has been plagued by an Islamic insurgency.The Globe has also learned that the dead suspect is Tsarnaev’s brother.
            Just as predicted, lone wolf, foreign muslim terrorists.

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
            Lots happened overnight ... been watching CNN for the past hour and half.

Brothers originally from Chechnya ... Shoot-out at MIT with security officer down, police officer injured and in surgery. Older suspect gets run down by his younger brother during a car-hijacking and the one left behind is found with more explosives and dies later at hospital.

Now, Waterdown Mass is under lock-down as the younger brother is on the loose.

Apparently there was a FB post on how one didn't have any Americam friends and he just didn't understand them.

Think I'm caught up. That's a 2-parter TV movie (terrible joke). Hope they catch the suspect ... for justice and answers.

Comment

As soon as it appeared likely that two or more people were involved, the "mental case" theory was shot down. I hope they can take the second one alive so they can get at the motive.
              You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
              http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
              http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

One down one to go. Not quite sure how you get from the civil war in Chechnya, to bombing the Boston marathon. Was the US helping Russia, I don't think so.
                T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Not so fast ... mental illness can be hereditary or brought on by excessive substance abuse ... I know lots of 19yr olds who snap. My niece is one of them.

I'm not ready to call it a Muslim radical act yet.

It could just be a case of the 19yr old following his 26yr old brother. Extended family who have lived in America for ten years. Scholarship, involved in boxing and swimming.

I hope the kid turns himself in - such a baby face.

Keeping their nationality out of it until there's more forensics done on the web.
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

Not so fast ... mental illness can be hereditary or brought on by excessive substance abuse ... I know lots of 19yr olds who snap. My niece is one of them.

I'm not ready to call it a Muslim radical act yet.
                    Really? They are muslims who set off bombs in a terrorist act. Seems fairly straightforward to me.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                      Really? They are muslims who set off bombs in a terrorist act. Seems fairly straightforward to me.
                      Who cares where they came from. Kill them quickly, waterboard them to death. They are not foreign military, they are sadistic terrorists who should be treated as what they are. Sub-human animals with incurable rabies!

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                        Would you say that if they were Catholic or Jewish? This just might be a case of youth gone awry? I guess I'm a hopeful person.

After 9/11, our 911 centre was bombarded with calls about Muslims getting in their cars, shopping at the store, walking down the street ... it was absolute racist chaos. Maybe that's why I differ in opinion.

I just wanted to mention, also, that anyone who has taken the obligatory psych class (even uneducated me) knows that it's cultural shock for youth who try to adhere to strict family/religious tradition while trying to delve into a new society ... I'm not going to go search for statistics, but Windsor is a town overrun (not the right word) with Muslims. The area I dispatch for is quite diverse as well. It's not uncommon to see their youth in trouble with the law, often. Same with our First Nations. It can't be easy - it's not an excuse to commit criminal acts - but I stand by what I've said. (The officers at work say I way too soft-hearted - maybe - but I like being a human being with compassion who tries to understand and not blame).

Let's wait and see how this plays out. I really hope that baby-faced kid surrenders.

Comment

Just watched their uncle outside his house. Very interesting interview. I'll let it marinate a bit.

Would you say that if they were Catholic or Jewish? This just might be a case of youth gone awry? I guess I'm a hopeful person.

After 9/11, our 911 centre was bombarded with calls about Muslims getting in their cars, shopping at the store, walking down the street ... it was absolute racist chaos. Maybe that's why I differ in opinion.

I just wanted to mention, also, that anyone who has taken the obligatory psych class (even uneducated me) knows that it's cultural shock for youth who try to adhere to strict family/religious tradition while trying to delve into a new society ... I'm not going to go search for statistics, but Windsor is a town overrun (not the right word) with Muslims. The area I dispatch for is quite diverse as well. It's not uncommon to see their youth in trouble with the law, often.

Let's wait and see how this plays out. I really hope that baby-faced kid surrenders.
                          Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                          Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nrf View Post
                            Who cares where they came from. Kill them quickly, waterboard them to death. They are not foreign military, they are sadistic terrorists who should be treated as what they are. Sub-human animals with incurable rabies!
                            Yea, that really helps trace their connections, motivations, triggers and access to planning and materials.

Comment

There was no martyrdom and they stuck around to watch the carnage (according to CNN this morning from surveillance video - so who knows). Then they tried to rob a convenience store ...

A smart terrorist would have been at Logan airport and gone by now.

I've shut the news off for my own sanity. It will be there when it's there.
                              Last edited by lynnifer; 04-19-2013, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                                Just watched their uncle outside his house. Very interesting interview. I'll let it marinate a bit.
                                That poor guy was raped by the media! See how he said though - no family connections in a while. Spoke with their father a while ago - hadn't seen the brothers in years. Called them losers who couldn't settle their lives ... said they brought shame to the Chechnya name ... eff I'd want to kill myself if my uncle said that about me too.

I hope the poor fellow who had both legs blown off (the photo going around is gruesome and I think media should pull it out of respect though I notice they're cutting it out or blurring it now, but not before FB got a hold f it) is not watching this and is surrounded by family and comfort. Same with those who were killed.

Comment

Working...
                                X