In the hospital w/ no lube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the hospital w/ no lube

I swear to God Ijust had this convo. "I've been asking for lube. I really need it."

"It's all locked in the pharmacy. We'll get it for you in the morning."

I finally offered to roll to the ER and fetch myself some when it magically appeared.

How does this keep happening?

Shit hits the fan is the perfect smiley for that!

BTW in the hosp b/c i got a chemical burn from gasoline. Don't fall down in a puddle of gas, guys. Your skin will become angry, all your fluids will leak out of it and if you're lucky you'll get to the ER before you die. I had no idea fluids could leak in this fashion!
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Hope you get out of the hospital soon. Yeah, gas isn't too good for your skin; you should have stripped. Really, it's also dangerous to be in gas soaked clothes. (I suppose you stripped ASAP).
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Comment

Yeah I stripped asap. It was getting home that took some time. The gas pump didn't shut off, it spewed. Then I slipped and fell in it. In hindsight, I would rather have the naked driving and getting in my house ticket than the chem burns. Live and learn...
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Oh no! Couple falls myself lately. Aging like this really sucks! lol

Hope it gets better and soon!!!!!
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Yikes, and ouch!!!

Take care!!!

Comment

Get better!
            2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
            Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Wishing you a speedy recovery and some good luck.

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

oh no! hope you heal quickly!
                "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Yikes gasoline! I'd bring ya the lube if I was close by.
                  Betheny, please take care.
                  Pam

Comment

Oh dear, the Hospital is never fun. I hope you brought a book.

And next time, do strip off - not only would no sensible cop write you a ticket if you pointed to the gas soaked clothes, but you would certainly improve the day of anyone passing by.
                    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

Wow, hope you recover real quick Betheny, this sucks.
                      "Life is about how you
                      respond to not only the
                      challenges you're dealt but
                      the challenges you seek...If
                      you have no goals, no
                      mountains to climb, your
                      soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

You know if you keep this up, your going to have to ware a big chemical resistant padded rubber suit. So if you fall you will just bounce and laugh, of course you will have to paint some cool pink lines all around so you can still look girlie.
                        T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

I have a small airline carryon bag always packed for emergency evacuation or unexpected middle of the night emergency room visits that contains some essentials that I need that may not be readily available otherwise, and I have a small kit of supplies in my van for the same purpose. You need to cycle the contents putting in new items for older ones to always have fresh supplies. These kits have come in handy a time or two.

Betheny hope you are out of the hospital soon.

All the best,
                          GJ

Comment

Ouch! How long did it take to get burned? Hope you are out of the hospital quickly, hate those places.
                            I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

So sorry this happened to you, hope you're recovered and home asap.

Comment

Working...
                              X