No announcement yet.

Handling the compliments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=SCIfor55yrs.;1677649]Hero, no. Survivor, yes. I just roll with the punches. To me heros are people who knowingly put their well-being or life in harms way to spare others from harm.

If I were a hero why didn't someone give me a medal or a plaque? lol If anyone deserves a medal it is my wife.

I wrote my autobiography for my family and friends to dispel the notion That I am a hero.[/Q
    EXACTLY!! When I hear it I return with "just living my life and trusting in God"

Comment

it never gets old.....!! in Sam's today, the lady working at Sam's catches up to me going down the isle half way in the middle of the store, "Sir, Sir, didn't you know we have electric chairs at the door!!" I said, "mam, I've been in a chair for 25 years, I don't think I need an electric slow chair......!!" she of course says, "oh, I understand they are slow but I have a sister who's cousin has MS and I know exactly what you go thru in that chair.........!!" just can't make the crap up! after 25 years it still blow's my mind....

Comment

Problem? Why? Just reply with "yeah, I get that a lot, I am pretty damn impressive!"
        "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
        ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Comment

+1 on "thank you"

Comment

'"I think you'd surprise yourself. You only get one life. You'd live it as best you can.

Comment

Originally posted by My395 View Post
              I just say "thank you" or "thanks" and keep moving along.
              I do the same, but I hardly ever get these type of compliments. Like any other compliment, I just say "thank you". The other day my sister in law told me that she tells everyone that I'm a "role model" and and an "inspiration" for the native american kids. My sister in law works for the school district and she tells the NA kids to look at me and stay positive and you'll will have a good life just like Jerri (me). When my SIL told me this I told her "thank you", it was really sweet of her to tell me this even though it made me feel a little embarrassed. Compliments are nice.
              A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Working...
              X