Lady Gaga has gold plated wheelchair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Le Type Français View Post
    The most beautiful people in the world take bad photos, Tom; you know that.

Heidi Klum looking like shit:
    Heidi doesn’t look like shit there… Heidi wouldn’t look like shit even if she was wearing a meat suit and sitting in a gold plated wheelchair.

Comment

I'm 48 and never cared for her...but then I saw her on a few...shows...She seemed very intelligent and well spoken...I prsonaly don't think she would just cancel all those dates for no reason.She seems to really care about people,causes....I don't think she wuld do it for publicity,at leasy I hope not that would be messed up.I think she might be very weak and need a chair...Maube she will see how shitty life is when your in a chair and donates millions twords SCI reasearch!!!!!!!Ok where was I? I don't think she's faking it,but I've been wrong before.I think it would be a GREAT!!! idea for her to aiuction it off on e-bay and donate the money to woundd warriors...
      On a side note,If her chair was a car it would be a low rider,pimped out by Hulio...
      Nelson.
      Last edited by quad247; 22 Mar 2013, 8:36 PM.
      C-6,complete

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Français View Post
        The most beautiful people in the world take bad photos, Tom; you know that.

Heidi Klum looking like shit:
        Seriously. Beauty is not only found in perfect chiseled features like Toms. Barbara Streisand and Lady Gaga are beautiful and how seriously one dimensional to even comment on her "looks" anyway? Why must someone who is perceived as "not good looking" be judged? Why do we buy into that crap OR ACCEPT IT. How many people are considered "good looking" by societies standards? maybe 10%.

Lady Gaga using a gold wheelchair to me speaks to the fact that we should not be ashamed or embarrassed to be seen in one..that we are beautiful and sexy and hip sitting down in ours. It is playing against the image or pity and stereotypes and celebrating OUR status. She does not find us in need of being "fixed or cured" and is making a statement as she always does. It is up to you to interpret it like all art.
        "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Well when you are beautiful and chiseled like me it also makes you shallow and self centered.

Originally posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
          Seriously. Beauty is not only found in perfect chiseled features like Toms. Barbara Streisand and Lady Gaga are beautiful and how seriously one dimensional to even comment on her "looks" anyway? Why must someone who is perceived as "not good looking" be judged? Why do we buy into that crap OR ACCEPT IT. How many people are considered "good looking" by societies standards? maybe 10%.

Lady Gaga using a gold wheelchair to me speaks to the fact that we should not be ashamed or embarrassed to be seen in one..that we are beautiful and sexy and hip sitting down in ours. It is playing against the image or pity and stereotypes and celebrating OUR status. She does not find us in need of being "fixed or cured" and is making a statement as she always does. It is up to you to interpret it like all art.

Comment

Originally posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post

I think you make a very good point but allow me a few departures. For starters, though I love him like a brother, I can't look at pictures of Tom but for more than a few seconds before my retinas start to curdle. Sorry, Tom.

As for the other so-called beautiful people that our culture drools and genuflects over, isn't it their precise, hair-and-makeup-and-cosmetic-surgeon-teams that create the illusion of Olympian levels of pulchritude? These photoshopped beauties are the culprits who continue trying to dupe the rest of us into believing that their worth as people is superior to ours (well, not me) because of their forever out-of-reach sexiness. We compensate them willingly and handsomely for contorting our values.

I would not recognize the über-glamerous Heidi from the picture above, though clearly whoever it is is far from an unattractive woman. But there is a sense of justice when the internet publishes pictures of (mostly) female celebrities without their makeup on. These behind-the-plastic-mask photos expose this ludicrous value system it's founded on and that we all too eagerly buy into.
            Last edited by stephen212; 24 Mar 2013, 1:17 PM. Reason: polishing this turd
            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

pulchritude

I looked it up so no one else had to: beauty. You're welcome. lol
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                pulchritude

That S.A.T. prep course is still paying dividends.
                stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                  pulchritude

Thank you!! That was funny
                  i
                  "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

LOL thank you Lynnifer!! I missed the sat tests! lol

Comment

Assuming she will suddenly believe she must. advocate. for. SCI. is like assuming I'll donate to the Commission for the Blind because I am a little nearsighted.

Comment

Originally posted by anban View Post
                        Assuming she will suddenly believe she must. advocate. for. SCI. is like assuming I'll donate to the Commission for the Blind because I am a little nearsighted.
                        LMAO!

Comment

Now it's a Louis Vuitton wheelchair! That b*tch! I'd only bite if it were Prada. lol

http://www.celebitchy.com/289335/lad...y_or_fabulous/

The last time we reported on Lady Gaga, she was rolling around in a custom made, 24 carat, gold-plated wheelchair while recovering from hip surgery. The leather tufted, manual chair looked more like gaudy living room furniture than a wheelchair, but that’s Lady Gaga for you. She’s not going to convalesce in anything that requires her to push buttons to move her ass around. That said, I do hope she’s ok and that she’s recovering well from surgery. She looks kind of hunched over here, and I hope that’s due to some nice cocktails and not her condition.

The latest Lady Gaga sighting involved a Louis Vuitton wheelchair in Chicago, where her boyfriend (fiance?) Taylor Kinney is filming Chicago Fire. Thursday was Gaga’s 27th birthday, and she’s been spotted out in Chicago this week to celebrate. On Friday night, Gaga and Kinney were seen out at a bar, at a “Gentlemen’s Club” and later McDonalds drive-thru. See, Gaga is just like us!

lol - idiot.
                          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

What planet are we living on? I forgot.

That, and I've clearly lived too long.
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

She had hip surgery.I didn't think she would fake needing a cair.I'm also glad to hear she will auction the chair for charity.
                              C-6,complete

Comment

Hmm, my mum had hip replacement surgery a couple of years back.

She was encouraged to get up on her feet the next day after surgery and she did, she was not offered a wheelchair, she was encouraged to put a plastic chair in her shower and if possible it would be a good idea to have a grab rail fitted, not only for her post op recovery but also as a pre-emptive device to avoid falls as she gets older. My mum is approaching 65.

Mum, knows what I go through day to day and made sure she went over and above what was asked by her surgeon and post op nurses. Doctors do not encourage ongoing use of a wheelchair after a hip replacement for a person who is able bodied.

Lady Gaga is cool, and I hope for her sake the wheelchair is some artistic device she's playing around with. The jury is out on what real wheelchair users like us think...I think she is very close to taking the piss if this chair is just an affectation. I like Gaga, she's cool, but I will lose faith in her if she is using the chair to court controversy.

If Gaga has yes men doctors not encouraging her get on her feet post surgery she's in trouble...worse, and im sure none of us would wish this upon her. Does she have a real issue beyond what's commonly known???.
                                "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Comment

Working...
                                X