• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spidergirl View Post
    I rest my case.
    Now do the same with your typing.

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
      Really? I fiind Gaga very normal.
      Really? She is butt ugly. and I am not kidding, I think she wears all that wacky stuff because without all that makeup she would break mirrors.

As for the wheelchair, I am with the rum and diet coke girl... who cares?

Comment

In emailing this article to my DME lol. I want to know if Medicare will consider since I had to wait almost a year for a part for my chair and 6 weeks for another. Not funny but heck, if you can afford it why not. It's her money. I personally would be embarrassed but if I was clueless to how some people really live, as she probably is, I would probably do same. We have no clue how it is to live as lavishly as some so they probably don't even give our lives a second thought. Now of course I don't mean everyone rich person is that shallow. Just want that to be clear lol

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
          Really? She is butt ugly. and I am not kidding, I think she wears all that wacky stuff because without all that makeup she would break mirrors.

As for the wheelchair, I am with the rum and diet coke girl... who cares?
          Before fame:

Comment

You changed your location just because of my reply?

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
              You changed your location just because of my reply?
              Why does my location matter.

When your a kinder person, than I will respond to you.
              Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

Comment

What's the first thought you have when you see someone in a wheelchair?

Wonder what's wrong with them. At least, that's my thought.
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                  What's the first thought you have when you see someone in a wheelchair?
                  Mine is "what kind of chair are they using?" and I try to figure out the make/model without staring...
                  Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

I've always believed there's a difference between men and women born with a disability and those acquired without that puzzle piece in formative years.

No worse nor better - just different.
                    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

I think so as well. When I was a teenager I used to say how I felt I was lucky in that I was always disabled and things continued to happen gradually, I never knew life any different. Now I feel thats even more true in a way lol. Because it no longer applies, now there's been enough progress that I DO know a different life and don't know how to come to terms with not being the same person I used to be. Had to start dealing with issues that are more similar to those who have experienced a life changing event and am at a complete loss.

I've never been good at dealing with emotions and feelings though. If I can avoid or deny its easier. Tell everyone how I feel so lucky to be born disabled, and maybe convince myself of it along the way... Focus on wheelchair parts and technology and avoid confronting the fact I'm now going to need to use a wheelchair for the rest of my life. But I do believe that parts of the experience of born disabled or injured later are very different.
                      Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
                        Before fame:

Facebook shot with a carefully chosen angle below is what she really looks like. Dude, I have nothing against her, she is just not a good looking person.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                          Facebook shot with a carefully chosen angle below is what she really looks like. Dude, I have nothing against her, she is just not a good looking person.

I have no comment on the second photo. Looks like two totally different people.

Perhaps maybe I should reach out to Lady Gaga and her management team and see if she is interested in supporting the community. Since it doesn't seem like we all come to solutions and resolutions to move us forward. This is what we need to be doing. Not fighting. And you wonder why we have no cure yet?
                          Last edited by spidergirl; 17 Mar 2013, 1:58 AM.

Comment

I have no comment.

Perhaps maybe I should reach out to Lady Gaga and her management team and see if she is interested in supporting the community. Since it doesn't seem like we all come to solutions and resolutions to move us forward. This is what we need to be doing. Not fighting. And you wonder why we have no cure yet?
                            WTF? Don't drag me into your moronic fight. Lady Gaga rolling around in a gold plated wheelchair neither helps or hinders the search for a SCI cure. We don't have a cure because a) there is a lack of funding and b) it is a really hard problem.

Comment

Yep, I'm deep off in a bottle of rum and still don't give a god damn about lady gaga and her gawd damn gold plated wheelchair. I only wish I could afford a platimum plated wheelchair. Don't give a fuck about her intentions. I guess I've just ACCEPTED that my muscles are deteriorated and I WON'T be walking again. I don't sweat her intentions at all. I honestly don't give a shit what her intentions are. I do like that I've found a way to accept and love my own agenda. I hope she does too. Like I said before, I hope she rocks that gold plated bitch all over hollywood or NYC or wherever the hell she wants. I'm cool with it. ROLL THAT BITCH WHERE EVER YOU WANT! That's what the hell I do with my chair!
                              DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

I would be embarrassed of this thread and the way people have acted.

good-night!

Comment

Working...
                                X