ECUrach85: A nice article about one of our CC members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECUrach85: A nice article about one of our CC members

A nice article in our local paper today. Rachelle hope you don't mind me posting but thought it was well done and you would be too modest to mention. Great job!

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/02/woma...unts-blessings

Thanks ChesBay.

Comment

Great story and from the comments at the bottom of the story seems to have blessed a lot of people who have read it.

Thanks ChesBay for posting it so we can know and read it.

Stevie P

Comment

Great piece! Thanks, ChesBay.

Nicely done, Rachelle.

Comment

good article!
          "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
          http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Go Rachelle

Comment

Nice article Rach!
              "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Nice story. The picture did scare me a little though, I never had anyone change my wheels while I was in my chair and I don't have an SCI. That's a lot of faith to have in someone.

Didn't know about NBC helping with the house. That's great!

Comment

Nice story Rachelle,
                  The one wheel chair shot surprised me too, not something I would want to try.
                  I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Me too! I was confused about the photo. Are those MagicWheels?
                    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

The wheel off of the wheelchair photo had to have been one of those things that was staged by the photographer. actually, all three photos look staged to me.
                      Last edited by Donno; 6 Feb 2013, 2:17 AM. Reason: Added a comment
                      Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                      T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

Great article - it shows the reality as life as a quadriplegic, the good, bad & in between.
                        C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

Lovely article and well balanced between the good and the challenges of SCI life. Hats off to Rachelle!

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                            The wheel off of the wheelchair photo had to have been one of those things that was staged by the photographer. actually, all three photos look staged to me.
                            actually, i did that many times in both manual and power. but they put a block under my chair like you would under a car. it wasn't dangerous at all and yeah, photos and video by media are staged and edited; i have gone through this myself. some of what they did embarrassed me. i even participated in diversity videos at work. it was amazing how they twisted what i was saying through editing.
                            Last edited by cass; 7 Feb 2013, 1:42 AM.

Comment

Actually these weren't staged. I rode in the car with no shoes so Chris needed to put my boots on. Then we decided to put my bling wheels on for the talk but didn't have much time so they scrambled. First time I've done that and yes it was scary! Lol

Loved the article too and thanks for the nice comments! I just hate that word prank. Implies it was planned. But other than that awesome
                              Www.rachellefriedman.com

Follow me on Facebook at
                              www.facebook.com/rachelleandchris

Follow me on twitter at
                              www.twitter.com/followrachelle

Www.wheelstrong.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X