Vacuuming, mopping & other chores from a wc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuuming, mopping & other chores from a wc

Not easy, yet not completely impossible, as these three videos prove! (nope, still can't get out of chores lol)

- Watch a sexy Euro paraplegic's (fasteddy) 9 minute how-to video on how he cleans everything, including buying a extender handle for his squeegee to still clean his mirrors.

- A para mopping his floors backwards

- And another para vacuuming with a cord. Not easy!

Check em out: http://www.spinalpedia.com/blog/2012...out-of-chores/
    May the fetus you save be gay

roomba

Comment

I just switched to a cordless stick vac. It is a game changer.

Before this I insisted on on using a real vacuum cleaner with a cord and all.

The right tool changes everything!

Comment

Two words Hoover Floormate does it all

Comment

Originally posted by Theophania View Post
          Not easy, yet not completely impossible, as these three videos prove! (nope, still can't get out of chores lol)

- Watch a sexy Euro paraplegic's (fasteddy) 9 minute how-to video on how he cleans everything, including buying a extender handle for his squeegee to still clean his mirrors.

- A para mopping his floors backwards

- And another para vacuuming with a cord. Not easy!

Check em out: http://www.spinalpedia.com/blog/2012...out-of-chores/
          What's the big whoop 'bout a para cleaning? It's like watching a para brushing his teeth.

Show me a c5 mopping the floor.... now then I'll be impressed and might actually learn something!

Comment

I use a wheelchair 24 / 7 and i dont have any problem vacuming with our dyson..i do it just like everyone else does just takes me longer...

Comment

Free roaming rabbits and carpet? Ewwwwwwwwwww! And I wish they sold those commercial reachers in the US. In Italy many stores are small so those suckers can grab a wine bottle off a shelf 20 feet up.
              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Fixing the bed.

Changing the bedding and fixing the bed with fitted sheets is a workout in itself!

Ti
                "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

i cant sweep sitting or standing, but I can vacuum and mop from the chair just fine. a mop with some kind of wringer helps, but if you can lean over without falling out of your chair, and your arms and shoulders work, mopping and vacuuming is possible. I use a deck broom to scrub my tub and shower, and sometimes to sweep. I use it push broom style, both from my chair or using my chair as a walker.

I like the swifter mop, but I use cloth terry shop cloths, and wash them. the swifter mop is light, inexpensive, swivels, and can be used on walls, and shower, or even windows, by putting paper towel in the swifter mop, and wetting the paper towel with windex or vinegar. I can reach most of my apartment from my chair with a swifter mop.

....at least until I got the p.o.t.s my place suffers now that I got the p.o.t.s.
                  I looked at my swifter mop and imagined mopping my floors, but that made me tired, so swifter sits.

Comment

dyson is this quads friend. i sweep daily, we have a st./ bernard. not bad just takes some time.
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

When I mop, I use a small bucket with wheels to make it easier to move around as I mop. A squirt bottle with vinegar and water, just doesn't seem like it would clean enough for me, but good for him, at least he is doing it.

Comment

Hi i do not own a roomba but I have 2 dirt devils that work decent for me

I've always wanted a roomba but never had the funds for one

I hear they are pretty decent and all

maybe someday

BTW happy 1st 2013

Love ya all
                        GL

Comment

Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
                          Changing the bedding and fixing the bed with fitted sheets is a workout in itself!

Ti
                          I agree. I have severe scoliosis as I lean to the right a lot, and it takes me two hours to change out the sheets on the bed, and putting fresh ones on. Even when I'm on the bed which is a queen-size. Even carrying them out to the garage where my washer and dryer is, in my wheelchair, is a workout in itself too.
                          Samantha

Comment

@chick....i think mopping sitting down is a skill, fully-functioning hands or no! mopping, then backing up, and over again....trying not to make marks on the floor...

guess we'll have to disagree on this one, lady.

Comment

@sugarcube - a small bucket on wheels is a great idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X