Hurricane Sandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
    Don't be afraid to call a non-emergent line now and request to speak to a firefighter or paramedic ... no doubt they already know of some they'll have to check on ... if the dispatcher says no, ask to speak to someone in charge. They can't leave you hanging and maybe could charge that battery for you. We always have power thanks to big time generators.

The static air mattress overlays do not rely on power at all. They're about 3"+ thick.
    When I lived alone I made contact with the fire, ems, and police depts before hand so they knew my situation. In your case, I would also contact your power company and try be put on the priority list. We are hoping for the best and preparing for the worst here. My biggest fear is a tree falling on the house.
    E
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Comment

Can't believe I am in Brick New Jersey, visiting family. Left FL on thursday and we are in the path of Sandy along with most of the east coast.
      Been through 3 bad canes, this one scares me. Most homes up here are older,frame built and have many old, large trees around like my sisters place. We are very close to the barrier islands too.
      Be safe eveyone located in Sandys huge path! This is going to be a bumpy ride.
      Pam

Comment

looks like I am right in its path too if it comes ashore near Atlantic City, NJ. Sucks!

Comment

Sugarcube: Didn't you have a home health care agency help you to transition back home? Maybe one of their staff live near you and can be called upon for assistance.

Comment

Glad to hear you are in the ne corner, somehow I had thought you were on the coast. Still an issue for wind and power of course.
            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarcube View Post
              I am keeping this in mind too..but I'm taking my kitty with me, even if it means hiding her under my shirt..LOL
              Our county has opened its first ever shelter--we are on the bay and in a region that floods. Our temps are supposed to drop drastically. Make plans now Sugarcube not when it is too late. Call your closest volunteer fire dept or have a neighbor buddy system.

Everyone stay safe. Supplies are scarce here so it will be candles.
              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Google.org has a good map...

http://google.org/crisismap/sandy-2012

Comment

We are right in the bullseye about 5 miles from the beach. We have plenty of food, water, guns, catheters, a generator, chainsaw, weed, and beer. We are riding it out.

Comment

Thanks for the map, the high school is open as a shelter 1/2 mile away , but I'm not going there. Just shut down the refrigeration, and made sure the dock was put away properly, everything on high ground, e-mail the neighbor, and everything else. Now have dinner for 8 coming. New phone number too, 1- 800 CRI-PPLE [274-7753] this should be "interesting".

Comment

Well, my thoughts are with all you guys going throught this. Please be careful, this storm is unusually strong. I was watching CNN and they show a North Carolina town has been blown fully all the way to Macon, Georgia....!!! People living in NJ might end up in Ohio for all I know....

Comment

Originally posted by MFlounlacker View Post
                        We are right in the bullseye about 5 miles from the beach. We have plenty of food, water, guns, catheters, a generator, chainsaw, weed, and beer. We are riding it out.
                        This made me laugh so hard and brought back memories of family reunions on the Colville reservation when I was a kid. We also had dynamite for fun. Not kidding.
                        Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

Thinking about and praying for all of you in the Northeast.
                          Renee

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB701 View Post
                            Well, my thoughts are with all you guys going throught this. Please be careful, this storm is unusually strong. I was watching CNN and they show a North Carolina town has been blown fully all the way to Macon, Georgia....!!! People living in NJ might end up in Ohio for all I know....

Dammit! That's gonna add another 4 1/2 hours to my trip! I'm stealing your pic too
                            "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Take care all in the way. Hurricanes are a BI-ATCH!

Comment

You all be safe, in my thoughts here.
                                get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Working...
                                X