Sleeeeeepppppp!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeeeeepppppp!!!!!!

I'm just curious to what you guys do for sleep! I weaned myself off of trazodone because I could not dedicate eight hours to sleep. I tried using melatonin but I was getting some wacky dreams. I am not really able to turn myself so I start off on my left side and then turned to my back once I wake up. I'm averaging about four hours of sleep and then having to go to work and rehab. Thank you for your input.

I pretty much exhaust myself to sleep. It works for me.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

I have not slept right since my injury. I think its partially that I have to sit up in order to turn now. Anyways, Lunesta works great for me but I can't use it every night or it becomes ineffective. I use it when I know I need a good night's sleep.

Comment

Your thread title makes me think of Green Goblin in the original Spiderman when he drugs Spidey to sleep.

Seriously, I just go to bed, and fall to sleep.
        Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

I take ambien about 30 minutes before bed time and chase it with a swig of nyquil.
          DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

drugs and alcohol.

Comment

If you try Ambien (zolpidam) and have not been on heavy drugs, prescribed or otherwise or drink a lot, get in bed first and then take it. The hypnotic in it can easily have you on the floor if you normally transfer yourself or assist in your transfers. It hits within about 20 minutes. It never prevented me from waking up to turn or cath then go back to sleep. It does not leave the hangover tiredness that the cold meds normally do. Most docs suggest trying 5mg at first and thrn 10mg if the 5 doesn't work. Ask for the 10s and cut them if needed. They are scored or were.
              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

A bottle of good red wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
                  If you try Ambien (zolpidam) and have not been on heavy drugs, prescribed or otherwise or drink a lot, get in bed first and then take it. The hypnotic in it can easily have you on the floor if you normally transfer yourself or assist in your transfers. It hits within about 20 minutes. It never prevented me from waking up to turn or cath then go back to sleep. It does not leave the hangover tiredness that the cold meds normally do. Most docs suggest trying 5mg at first and thrn 10mg if the 5 doesn't work. Ask for the 10s and cut them if needed. They are scored or were.
                  Also you might want to have someone with you the first night you use it. I had ambien a few times in the hospital and hallucinated pretty severely. I was convinced one of the nurses was plotting to kill me

Comment

Melatonin to help falling asleep and then Temazapam is his current routine. However, he is waking during the night, so I guess it isn't working super great.

Ambien had him seeing "pretty colors" within about 10 mins of taking it, and acting really loopy pretty fast!
                    Rebecca
                    Wife and Caregiver, husband has Secondary Progressive MS, wheelchair bound, unable to work, MS still progressing.
                    Mother of 2 active boys!

Comment

Usually every couple weeks I get so run down & need sleep I take one of the over the counter p.m. meds (tylenol p.m. etc) on a Friday or Saturday night so having to get up is not an issue the stuff really knocks me out for some reason not an ideal solution since I do not roll/move enough and my body is extra stiff....

Comment

Originally posted by BoyFallDown View Post
                        Also you might want to have someone with you the first night you use it. I had ambien a few times in the hospital and hallucinated pretty severely. I was convinced one of the nurses was plotting to kill me

This is why you should take it when you are ready to go to sleep. Swallow, get all comfy and warm and close eyes and then turn off lights. I once took it and stayed up to finish an email. Suddenly the computer screen started to wave then change colors. Never take Ambien and then try to stay awake. But yes, having a family member or friend within screaming distance the first night night be a good idea. I had your hallucination on my first, and last, dose of amitriptyline.
                        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Originally posted by fromnwmont View Post
                          Usually every couple weeks I get so run down & need sleep I take one of the over the counter p.m. meds (tylenol p.m. etc) on a Friday or Saturday night so having to get up is not an issue the stuff really knocks me out for some reason not an ideal solution since I do not roll/move enough and my body is extra stiff....
                          I've done the Tylenol PM too but know to expect to feel sleepy on waking for another 6 hours minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
                            This is why you should take it when you are ready to go to sleep. Swallow, get all comfy and warm and close eyes and then turn off lights. I once took it and stayed up to finish an email. Suddenly the computer screen started to wave then change colors. Never take Ambien and then try to stay awake. But yes, having a family member or friend within screaming distance the first night night be a good idea. I had your hallucination on my first, and last, dose of amitriptyline.
                            Wow, that's so wild. I always read that celebrities and sport stars all take ambien, it's no wonder, it seems to be better than street drugs.
                            A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Lol, this stuff sounds interesting. Does this Ambien cause spasticity or anything like that? Does it knock you out or just cause visuals/halucinations?

Comment

Working...
                              X