Yet I have much to do and tired from my pain
    Wish I had words to explain
    Life is crazy

Comment

Originally posted by GL View Post
      Time Flies
      Time flies like an arrow.
      Fruit flies like a banana.
      There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Comment

Hey, wait to see October speed... Sept. is nothing : ))
        www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
        to what we know about nature
        Saint Augustine

Comment

The mountains are starting to take on some color....it ought to be really pretty in a couple of weeks. I look forward to Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.....then I'm done with cold weather, and start looking forward to Spring!

Comment

Originally posted by smokymtn memories View Post
            The mountains are starting to take on some color....it ought to be really pretty in a couple of weeks. I look forward to Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.....then I'm done with cold weather, and start looking forward to Spring!
            When I lived in the mountains, I was always completely done with any use for winter by afternoon on Christmas Day. Unfortunately, as the old saying goes; "when the days get longer, the cold gets stronger." Which pretty much translates to the possibility of brutal cold in January and February. In WV, we often had a big snowstorm on the first day of Spring.

I always loved the fall colors. When I was a kid in Pennsylvania, I'd walk through the woods on my grandparents farm and be lost in the beauty of the colors of the turning leaves. I still remember the poem that jumped into my little head. I wanted to be able to share what I was feeling with all the city kids at school who didn't have the luck to have access to this wonderland. I knew that any words in my command couldn't get the job done.

I wish I was an artist
            I'd paint this whole forest
            If I was an artist
            Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
              I'm really enjoying the fall here in New England, everything is beautiful right now. I've never seen the grass and plants doing so well this time of year. It is nice and cool and crisp outside. When I sense old man winter rolling in I'll head for Florida.
              Nothing is more wonderful than New England in the Fall. I want to see it one more time.

Comment

Going to see the fall colors is on my list of must do before I die.. we went from 77-deg when we went to bed to SNOW this a.m parts of Mt. Received 5.5inch of snow we have not frosted so trees still have all their leaves...what a mess

Comment

Fast, warm September. Now, high of 80 degrees today, dropped 20 degrees this afternoon. 50 (maybe) and rainy tomorrow for first Orioles home playoff game tomorrow at 6:00 p.m.

I hope the reptiles and amphibians aren't harmed by the quick change.
                  Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Working...
                  X