1yr post anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1yr post anniversary

Sept 23, 2011 WAS a beautiful fall day (no pun intended) a quick 18ft fall from a roof & everything is different, but I am looking forward I had a few months awhile back I gave up quit PT became depressed because "things didn't work " but I am moving forward with what I have, for my anniversary I went elk hunting with my son... its been a long strange ride that felt more like 5 yrs because of everything I learned or had to change.

That first year is a monster. Going out w/ your son was great. You need to keep busy or this winter will be long indeed. Hang in there.
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Happy anniversary NWM.
      "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I think you have a great attitude! Go out there and get MR. BIG.

Comment

Thanks everyone was not sure how to deal with the "anniversary " but it is a day one never forgets and after seeing & reading how others here deal with their day decided not to hide from it..I am not looking forward to winter, next life I am going to be rich so I can go south & fish in the sunshine during the winter instead of plowing snow for the neighbors as recreation...

Comment

10 years 2night for my son
            My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

Macska: I doubt any of us will ever forget this anniversary birthdays yes, relatives anniversary yes, but i can remember almost to the minute (I was knocked out)... I hope the next year is easier then the first most here agree it does...wish you well

Comment

I'm 19+ years post, and have actually had a couple slip by without noticing them. Never thought *that* would happen...
                Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

It will be 4 years for my hubby Oct 8th. Won't be as bad as the first year (surviving several weeks ICU and months out of area rehab) or the second-getting on with life with and huge respiratory 2 mo hospital setback and learning how to live with high level SCI........
                  But these bright fall days and unusual warm weather bringing back the vibes of that day......Hang in there. I hear it gets better.

Comment

It is a day none of us will forget because it changed us completely. Sounds like you are moving on with your life now, because depression loves to sneak around the corner. Accepting what we wish would go away is always on my mind. It will be 2 years for me Nov 4, and I still struggle, but for some reason I was chosen to still remain on this earth and I spend my time being grateful and sharing with great children who may not totally understand what I go thru, and grandchildren who just love me because I am Nana..

Keep up the good work
                    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Comment

what hurts the most is thinking what if, or why did I have to, or why can't I change this. those feelings emerge, but go away and you just realize, 'this is life now' and move on with it. there are worse out there and everyone has those feelings at least once in their life, some deeper than others.

Comment

I try very hard to not let this completely control me but oh yea the what ifs & whys wonder in now & then, from day one I told myself lets stay positive and push, push, push but a couple bad weeks, pain flare, LOSS of movement instead of gain right at the same time as the anniversary of my sons suicide and I caved to the depression monsters for a couple months but only those who know me very close probably realized it but one day I crawled back out time to move on I have fish to catch!! Easier said then done as we all know.

Comment

Working...
                        X