No announcement yet.

Robbie asked a girl to Homecoming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize he's looking at documents, but man is he slumped over in that chair. Sit up straight young man! Seriously ... one of my regrets ... shoulders slump forward a bit (though my doc disagrees).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by brucec View Post
      linda, it's homecoming, the first home game
      prom's way off
      oooops-you know what I was up to back in the 70's bruce.
      Some parts are a little fuzzy.......
      Last edited by LindaT; 25 Sep 2012, 10:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
        I realize he's looking at documents, but man is he slumped over in that chair. Sit up straight young man! Seriously ... one of my regrets ... shoulders slump forward a bit (though my doc disagrees).

I know! I hate when I see him like that. We dont know how to fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
          OMG what the hell is that, goatse face?
          That's Charla Nash, the woman attacked by Travis, face-ripper monkey.

Comment

Sharon, I am so happy for Robbie and you. Kids are amazingly resilient. If only us adults could be more like them. As others have said. His uplifting attitude is definitely a reflection of you. Good going mom. You should be super proud. Don't forget pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by SharonD View Post
              Most of you know that Robbie has had a rough summer, wound on butt since June, infection in the bone, two hospitilizations, bone biopsy, pic line and now a wound vac. We are finally making progress, may be able to get off the vac soon.

BUT so what, big deal! Here is a pic of him signing the receipt when his meds were delivered today, friends were here for a bit, he came back in the house and said "Mom, I asked Rachel to go to Homecoming with me and she said yes". Big smile on his face, you would never know he has been through hell!

We wants to wear a purple dress shirt, khakis and aviator shades...Im good with that.
              That is great news!! Glad to hear it after the rough summer he's had on the roller coaster ride. Hope he has a ball. Good for him !!!
              GO ROBBIE !! GO ROBBIE !! GO!!!!!!!!

Comment

Have a great time Robbie !!!!!!!!!
                For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment

I'm confused as I know absolutely about wound vac's...does a vac allow one with a wound to be up in their chair? or has his wound healed already? hope he has fun, he so deserves it!

Comment

sports and women= happy gimp. remember that sharon. he wont be a "statistic", he will live a happy life

have you discussed ed drugs with him, he needs to be ready to knock it out of the park,.
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                      sports and women= happy gimp. remember that sharon. he wont be a "statistic", he will live a happy life

have you discussed ed drugs with him, he needs to be ready to knock it out of the park,.
                      I wonder if the makers of ED drugs have ever given much thought to there use for those under 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton57 View Post
                        I wonder if the makers of ED drugs have ever given much thought to there use for those under 18.
                        dont see any big deal if his mom gives consent. sex is a part of growing up, no reason for him to miss out because he has an sci. how old is he 15-16 now.
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com
                        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by madmaddmother View Post
                          I'm confused as I know absolutely about wound vac's...does a vac allow one with a wound to be up in their chair? or has his wound healed already? hope he has fun, he so deserves it!
                          depends on the wound, I had one on my back and I used a wound vac
                          only problem was showers
                          mainly just keeps it so a pocket doesn't develop behind the healing
                          We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                          Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Patton57 View Post
                            I'm pretty sure they have, but would be a marketing nightmare
                            We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                            Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                              dont see any big deal if his mom gives consent. sex is a part of growing up, no reason for him to miss out because he has an sci. how old is he 15-16 now.
                              Robbie is 17 now and YES Ive tried to have these conversations, he is not comfortable with me. So I asked a few guys to chat with him, his w/c bball coach and another friend with a SCI. They had a few beers in our backyard one night and chatted with him, I got lost.

Robbie tells me its the #1 question he hears, can he have sex???

Comment

oh and he always answers YES!

Comment

Working...
                                X