Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who all is going to W2W 2012 ? :-) !!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Who all is going to W2W 2012 ? :-) !!

    I'm seriously thinking about signing up to go. I was just wondering who here is planning on going.
    www.adventuresofcolinandheather.blogspot.com !

    #2
    What is W2W?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by grommet View Post
      What is W2W?
      It's an annual Science and Advocacy Symposium for spinal cord injury hosted by U2FP. This year it's also being co-sponsored by Research for Cure and Reeve Irvine Research Center (RIRC) on November 1-3, 2012 in Irvine California.

      http://wwwu2fp.zippykid.it/organize/events/working-2-walk/

      Photo's from previous W2W Symposiums held all over the USA and attendees from all over the world: https://vimeo.com/36663676
      Last edited by GRAMMY; 5 Sep 2012, 11:04 AM.
      http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by grommet View Post
        What is W2W?
        Just my opinion, but I've been on my ass for way over 25 years and always find out I know squat about what's going on in the SCI/D world of cure research.
        Do I seek it out religiously? No.
        Would I help promote these events? Yes. Social media, a written letter/fax to a politician I am more than capable of doing.
        I only know from others signatures or after the event happens and photos are shown.
        But it would be a push, pun intended, if the average SCI/D knew what was going on without having to feel as if we're skating on secret club.

        Again, just my opinion.
        Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

        I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
          It's an annual Science and Advocacy Symposium for spinal cord injury hosted by U2FP. This year it's also being co-sponsored by Research for Cure and Reeve Irvine Research Center (RIRC).

          http://wwwu2fp.zippykid.it/organize/events/working-2-walk/

          Photo's from previous W2W Symposiums: https://vimeo.com/36663676
          Thank you for explaining.

          Liz321: I agree. No SCI for me but I experience the same thing with disability realted stuff. I find out two months later that something happened in my own town. I mean heck, if I don't know about it, who does and how did they find out? I'm involved with several disability groups that have my contact info and I have lot's of disabled friends and I still usually don't find out until last minute or after something happens.

          If you know about something, tell your friends, please.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by grommet View Post
            Thank you for explaining.

            Liz321: I agree. No SCI for me but I experience the same thing with disability realted stuff. I find out two months later that something happened in my own town. I mean heck, if I don't know about it, who does and how did they find out? I'm involved with several disability groups that have my contact info and I have lot's of disabled friends and I still usually don't find out until last minute or after something happens.

            If you know about something, tell your friends, please.
            You're welcomed grommet. (Another way to stay informed is to sign up for a newsletter if an organization offers one). U2FP has a newsletter that you can sign up for. Future seminars, conferences and meetings we hear about are posted in a calendar section with links. A newletter link is on the front page. I hope that is helpful for you.
            http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

            Comment


              #7
              Grammy,

              I just signed up. I don't have an SCI but there are some common issues so I may hear about things that apply to my life as well. I'll check my local ILRC and see if I am signed up with their newsletter, I think I am.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Colin83 View Post
                I'm seriously thinking about signing up to go. I was just wondering who here is planning on going.
                I am planning on attending this years event, I hope I'm not the only gimp going.
                Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I want to. Im trying to figure out airfare.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I'm in the same boat, Jody. I'm thinking about driving it though. 2,000 miles lol
                    www.adventuresofcolinandheather.blogspot.com !

                    Comment


                      #11
                      really? hmmmm.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Haven't signed up but planning to go.
                        Blog:
                        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          how does dingo do road trips?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Maybe i'll attend

                            Comment


                              #15
                              seems like we should hire bus to take us to cali. I guess if enough people get picked up along the way, it could be affordable. I might want to stay in california a more than a weekend though.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X