Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jody View Post
    how does dingo do road trips?
    He loves 'em but if I drive I think I'll drop him at Jill's, about halfway to CA. Still debating. It would be so convenient to have my van esp. as I proceed onwards toward San Fran/Oakland, and particularly for the duty of scattering Jake's ashes...

When Bente was here Dingo sat on her lap the whole way to Santa Fe. He gets real excited about 100 miles from Jill's house and starts pacing. Sadly Jill's dog Comet (Dingo's best ladyfriend) passed away. He'll be heartbroken by her absence I fear. She was quite opinionated. He ADORED her lol.
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I am planning on going this year. Made hotel reservations but waiting on flight and airfare. Funds are a little tight right now but should loosen up soon.

Kathy

Comment

Staying at the Hilton ?
        www.adventuresofcolinandheather.blogspot.com !

Comment

Staying w/ friends, I believe.
          Blog:

Comment

so how feasable is a road trip? how many might drive if they had people to split up driving?

Comment

Colin83,
              Staying at the Hilton. Looking at flying into John Wayne.

Jody,
              I wanted to drive. I really hate flying but with at least a 3 day drive one-way and the end of our storage season, that is not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
                so how feasable is a road trip? how many might drive if they had people to split up driving?
                My insurance won't cover anyone else driving my van. It's a new OK law. I could look into KS insurance.

If you wanted to go to San Fran w/ me and my young posse (Jake's homeboys) I could pick you up at the Albuquerque airport and we could proceed to SoCal, then up to San Fran. One of the homeys wants to go surfing...I'm gonna need that van.

Once we get to San Fran we're going to a Raiders game and to finally set Jake loose on the Pacific. Surfing there was on HIS bucket list. Silly sk8er boiz.
                Blog:

Comment

Man if this was on the east coast I would look into it. But im fearful of flying and dealing with the hassel of flying. And I dont think my ass would take a 2500 mile drive there and back lol

Comment

I'll be there with spouse in tow. Staying at the Hilton. Not sure but may have to fly in to LAX or San Diego. We plan on a side trip to San Diego afterwards so then it would be a round trip to the same airport and rent a higher sitting SUV or minivan. I know, still have to sign up but everytime I think about it the cc is elsewhere.
                    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Working...
                    X