• Time
  • Show
Clear All

trololol oh wait. it isnt funny
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Jody,

Eccentric people are good for society. What may make you socially unacceptable is merely that you don't conform. I've seen The Stepford Wives and I say fuck that! That may be some people's idea of heaven, it's mine of hell.

Comment

Originally posted by crypticgimp View Post
        trololol oh wait. it isnt funny
        doood! I cant get that video of feisty's out of my head. Iv never seen anything like that, reallly really creepy!

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
          Jody,

Eccentric people are good for society. What may make you socially unacceptable is merely that you don't conform. I've seen The Stepford Wives and I say fuck that! That may be some people's idea of heaven, it's mine of hell.
          ya~ Im eccentric, dammit, and totally harmless. no need to hide the kids and walk by real fast, you'd a thunk I was was butchering cats in my yard or something.

Comment

There are some extreme catholic people in the countries in the South of Europe. When christians can be like that, I understand there is no reason to be scared of extreme muslims.

Well Peter, get over it, since you are not religious at all.
            TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

I have removed an inappropriate post by peter and some responses to it. This is a public forum peter, do not post inappropriate content here. If you have something to say regarding my post, PM me peter, don't post in this thread again.
              Last edited by Jim; 08-31-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

And going way back to Woody Guthrie, this is my favorite verse from "This Land is Your Land" (which he wrote):

As I was walkin' - I saw a sign there
                And that sign said - no tress passin'
                But on the other side .... it didn't say nothin!
                Now that side was made for you and me!

Chorus:
                This land is your land, this land is my land
                From California, to the New York Island
                From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters
                This land was made for you and me

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
                  Jody,

Eccentricity, creativity, talent, kindness of heart and intelligence make the world go around. Jody, you have all of those qualities and so many others. Being different is not only good, it's great!

BTW, when meeting new people who seem a little stiff and uncomfortable around me, I laugh and say I am the neighborhood diversification project. It breaks the ice and most people relax. There are those who will always have sticks up their asses, but they are that way with everyone.

You are wonderful as you are, J. I wish we were neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                    And going way back to Woody Guthrie, this is my favorite verse from "This Land is Your Land" (which he wrote):
                    As I was walkin' - I saw a sign there
                    And that sign said - no tress passin'
                    But on the other side .... it didn't say nothin!
                    Now that side was made for you and me!

Chorus:
                    This land is your land, this land is my land
                    From California, to the New York Island
                    From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters
                    This land was made for you and me
                    (KLD)
                    Woody's 100th birthday is approaching. There is a one man show called "Hard Travelin' Woody" playing at a couple of venues here next week. Randy Noojin is said to bring Guthrie in his younger singing and writing years to life. I can't wait!

Comment

Woody was THE American.

Signed,

A Pinko Commie Liberal

Mem-

Ever hear of Willis Alan Ramsey? He made bank on Muskrat Love, by far the worst song he ever wrote. He also wrote a song called Just a Boy from Oklahoma about Woody. I DEFY anyone to hear it w/out goosebumps.

I don't know how one might hear it online tho...WAR made one album and disappeared. I've been waiting since 1975 for the followup. Did catch him live in a dive in Houston in the 90's.

From memory:

Well I know that Woody Guthrie
                      Is dead and buried in the ground
                      But sometimes I sing his songs
                      And I get to thinkin' he's still around
                      I know that his fire is everlastin'
                      Testify that his course was run true
                      And Ramblin' Man's riz
                      And The Kingdom is his...
                      ...But his songs are for me and you.

Tell me that's not Steinbeck-level poetry right there!
                      Blog:
                      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Oh, yay, it lives!

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=56193601&ac=now

Listen to that 2 or 200 times. It is so good.
                        Blog:
                        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Arlo has been to folk fest many times. when he does this land is your land, you can hardly hear him because the grass hill is singing with thousands of voices right there with him. Im hoping he will be wearing one of my eagle feather shield shirts next time he is at fest. I have two stored in the merchandise trailer where he has to sign in so he will get them.

Comment

guy has a lovely voice bethany. Ok Iv rested from my pots episode, Im going out and tie these up while I shove my feet in a bucket of ice to prevent it happening again today.

It's way better smokin pots than having posts. I guarrrunteeeee!

Comment

There are many events still coming up, but the Centennial was in July. Meant to post this and forgot.

http://www.woody100.com/

Comment

Jody I Dont know why many of us good eclectic people with disabilities get crapped on or ignored etc... It is the human element but in my eyes those judgers are sad inside they are the ones that live with a heavy concious .
                                Disabled people have feelings youre outgoing and caring I wish I knew a better answer

Comment

Working...
                                X