Lost my best friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my best friend

I lost my best friend of 15 years on Monday 7/30. We rescued him from a vacant warehouse. It took him years to figure out what grass, snow and rain was! He spent the rest of his life showing us how grateful he was by being a best friend and a protector. I have never owned a dog that was smarter or was a kinder sole, unless you touched me without his permisson!
    RIP Maxx

That is bad news john really.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. I know its not an easy thing to go through.
      c6 inc since 2-19-11
      ex pro-am motocross racer
      tilite aero z s2

Comment

So sorry for your loss man..... That really sucks

Comment

John, this is devastating and I'm so sorry. I send you heartfelt blessings.
          MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

So sorry John. It leaves a hole in your life and heart. They love us unconditionally.
            T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Sorry to hear that... pets become family literally after awhile... I'm always devasted when I lose one.

One thing my Mom always told me though was to be happy the pet had a good life while with you & that it was loved & cared for. And after an appropriate mourning time, open yourself up to getting a new pet... saving some little guy/girl from the pound & showing it the same love is a way to honour the lost pet and give some little one a great life they might not have had without you.

Comment

I can relate to what you're going through John. I lost my dog of 13 years who was with me every day 24/7 (use to bring her into my Service station) and it was a nightmare. That was a long time ago, I still hang onto to her AKC papers and dog tag and coller to this day. Stay tough.
                "Life is about how you
                respond to not only the
                challenges you're dealt but
                the challenges you seek...If
                you have no goals, no
                mountains to climb, your
                soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

I'm so sorry John. He sounds like he was a great friend.

Comment

So sorry for your loss.
                    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Comment

So sorry to hear this.

Comment

maxx

i'm sorry for your loss, He sounds like he was a good friend.

Comment

One of my biggest dreads in life. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Dogs are family, the loss is huge. I still miss my dog, I even dream about her sometimes. Only dog owners really know. They are family. I am sorry for your loss. What a wonderful life you had together. Try to remember that :-)

Comment

those are beautiful photos..thank you for sharing..he was a gorgeous boy..I recently rescued a GS and he is very afraid of everything still.

I wonder if your boy was taught to guard..he was so lucky in any case to have you as his owner. What a huge loss and I am thinking of you and hope you heal soon..and love again.
                              "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Working...
                              X